Revelation 14 and an Enochian inversion...

A place to share study, midrash, links and ideas.
Forum rules
Love your neighbour as yourself.
If there is a disagreement please have it respectfully.
nazarene
Revelation 14 and an Enochian inversion...

Post by nazarene » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:51 pm

שלום!

In the book of Enoch the angels who left 'their first estate' [Jude 1:6] descended on Mount Hermon;

6:4 indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.’ And they all answered him and said: ’Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations 5 not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.’ Then sware they all together and bound themselves 6 by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn 7 and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Samlazaz, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, 8 Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaq1el, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens.

They then took human wives and defiled themselves with women;

12:1 Before these things Enoch was hidden, and no one of the children of men knew where he was 2 hidden, and where he abode, and what had become of him. And his activities had to do with the Watchers, and his days were with the holy ones. 3 And I Enoch was blessing the Lord of majesty and the King of the ages, and lo! the Watchers 4 called me -Enoch the scribeand said to me: ’Enoch, thou scribe of righteousness, go, declare to the Watchers of the heaven who have left the high heaven, the holy eternal place, and have defiled themselves with women, and have done as the children of earth do, and have taken unto themselves 5 wives: "Ye have wrought great destruction on the earth: And ye shall have no peace nor forgiveness 6 of sin: and inasmuch as they delight themselves in their children, The murder of their beloved ones shall they see, and over the destruction of their children shall they lament, and shall make supplication unto eternity, but mercy and peace shall ye not attain."

There may be an 'inversion' to this story in the book of Revelation.

Rev 14:1 And I saw, and behold, the Lamb standing on Mount Zion! And with Him were a hundred and forty four thousands, with the name of His Father having been written on their foreheads.

Rev 14:4 These are those who are not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are those who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These are redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

The 144,000 both stand upon Mount Zion and have not defiled themselves with women. Seen in light of the Enochian context this seems to be an inversion, the Mount of Zion [a Holy Mountain] as opposed to a mountain associated with angelic sin and they are not 'defiled with women' as opposed to angels who did 'defile themselves with women'. Revelation seems to be using Enochian langauge when describing the 144,000. The 144,000 may be angelomorphic, and if so, in not defiling themselves with women they reverse the sin of the angels who 'left their first estate'....
Interested in learning more? Join us on paltalk in the room Yeshua HaMashiach Fellowship and Study Room