Halaka. Binding ane Loosing

A place to share study, midrash, links and ideas.
Forum rules
Love your neighbour as yourself.
If there is a disagreement please have it respectfully.
SeekingTruth
Halaka. Binding ane Loosing

Post by SeekingTruth » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:14 pm

MAtthew 18.:15-20 15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Shalom, is it possible Yahshua is explain the order for halaka in those verses? It seems like a natural approach where it starts with one person's own thoughts and they determine their brother is at fault. Then they bring witnesses. Then they tell the assembly, inludiing the elders.

Then it says, whatever we bind or loose in earth is bound in heaven.

It seems a natural approach for even small groups of believers, maybe? That even a group of 2 or 3 can begin establishing halaka to the extent that its already been bound or loosed by the elders, id submit. Really, I think this scenario Yahshua has submitted is as much as example as it is a framework. There can be different outcomes. Take this example, a new way of sinning is invented and you find a brother doing it, and tell him what hes doing is wrong, in private. The elders will be made aware when its made known, eventuallyl, to the church and they have the final ruling in the dispute

I hope what I said made sense, its hard to explain for a novice, as myself.