Psalm -Tehillim 105:8

A place to share study, midrash, links and ideas.
Forum rules
Love your neighbour as yourself.
If there is a disagreement please have it respectfully.
samuel7771
Psalm -Tehillim 105:8

Post by samuel7771 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:13 am

Psalm -Tehillim 105:8 by Reuven ben Gershom Goossens

“ZaChar LeOlam BeRito DaVar TziVah LeElef Dor” (Hebrew- transliterated) - “He (YHVH) remembers His covenant forever, the Word which He commanded, for a thousand generations.” Tehillim - Psalm 105:8 - NKJV.

You will note that the word “forever” is used, obviously, even in our understanding that should mean what it says, but not according to theologians and the church, for they believe that YaHVaH’s Covenant has now been abolished. Thus Elohim’s “forever” does not seem to hold much ground with the church hierarchy!

However in Hebrew the word “forever” is “olam”, which also translates as “eternity,” “eternal,” “Universe,” “without end.” And there is more, however for now I should think we get the picture.

Yet over the years there have been many who have asked me; “But brother, why does it state in the second part of this very same verse that it is ‘for a thousand generations.’ Does this not mean there is a time limit?” Now this is certainly a very good and a valid question, but we must go back to those three points I mentioned at the top of the page as this is most vital, especially in this verse!

We need to remember that YaHVaH Elohim, blessed be His Sanctified Name, was speaking to the Children of Israel through the Psalmist and they at the time of hearing had a certain understanding, and that beloved, was obviously very different to ours today. I mean, if you could transport yourself back to London in the 600’ds I can assure you that you would not understand a word of the English they were speaking at that time, not even another 600 years later, for the language changed so greatly over time as we all should know so well. And for many, this has even occurred in our very own generation, when words have changed their meanings, for example in the roaring twenties through to the sixties, the words “having a gay time” simply meant having a happy and a wonderful time, but today it has another implication altogether! And so it is with countless other words! Therefore, language and general understanding tends to change over time.

In the word given here, we need to understand that the children of Israel were rather overwhelmed by the statement “Olam” being “Forever” for their Elohim was saying to them that “His covenant” with them would be “eternal.” And let us be honest, even with all the knowledge available to us, combined with the advanced technology and the exploration of outer space and the depths of the oceans, etc, no one can still measure or comprehend eternity!

Therefore YaHVaH Elohim, blessed be His Sanctified Name, gave Israel an understandable insight to what eternity could possibly be, but He did so according to their comprehension of their day by using their understanding, by addition the words “the Word He commanded, for a thousand generations.”

As I have already indicated earlier, the Hebrew alphabet is wholly numerical and at the time when this Word was given the highest numerical denominator was 1,000, therefore what Elohim was saying to Israel in this verse was this, “My Covenant is eternal, OK, you cannot comprehend that, well it is as far as you can possibly count 1,000!” Thus you can imagine it was like saying a million trillion years, for that number would have been something beyond their comprehension as one thousand was the ultimate number. But did you notice there was even more, for He added the word “generations.”

However, there is something else that we need to understand with the very word “thousand.” The truth is that using “thousand” just by it self would have been sufficient to communicate “forever” or “eternity,” for that is what Israel would have comprehended at that time, for let’s face it they could not count any further! It ended at the number one thousand being the end, “forever!”

Amazingly that ideology remained with Israel and Judah right through to the days of our precious Saviour Yahushua and long thereafter, for even Simeon ben Yochanan - Peter used this precise term in his teachings to his Hebrew faithful and those who had come into the faith, however this great truth has never been understood by the church and christianity, sadly because they never had any Hebraic understanding of the Hebrew language and writings, as well as their ancient thought and customs and how to read the word including the Brit Chadashah - the New Covenant in its context!

“Beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with YHVH one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.” 2 Simeon - 2 Peter 3:8 NKJV.

Thus if “thousand” was already sufficient to communicate “forever” why then did our Heavenly Father need to add “generations?”

We clearly know from the Scriptures that one generation is 40 Years, thus can you imagine what the Almighty was telling Israel here, and astounded Israel for now we not only had He given them the highest number that they could possibly count to, but He now added “generations on top of that, and not one generation, but “a thousand generations.”

Can you see what has occurred here, it has become a number that is far beyond Israel’s comprehension that is how Elohim gave Israel a human idea of what eternity could possibly be to our meagre understanding? It would have been like saying to us today a multi trillion, mega, gigabytes, which frankly is far beyond my personal comprehension, and I know that today there may well be even more than that! Thus Elohim was giving Israel an insight, or a picture of what eternity could possibly be like humanly speaking!

Therefore, this Tehillim - Psalm 105:8 clearly proves that the Commandments are indeed FOREVER, just as Messiah Yahushua said!

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfil them (the New Heaven and New Earth). For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, nor a dot, will pass from the Law until ALL is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” Mattityahu - Matthew 5:17–19.

Now a very simple question, if you know the Word, what did Messiah mean when He said “ALL is accomplished?” It was certainly not His death and resurrection, no for ALL was not as yet completed, for we need to understand Elohim’s complete picture! We need to remember that He who IS “the Word, who was with Elohim, and who is Elohim” was clearly speaking of the end time, when the New Heaven and the New Earth, when the New Temple would come as prophesied on the eighth day of the Feast of Tabernacles! Then will the faithful live with Him on earth forever, as Messiah so clearly said; “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.” Mattityahu - Matthew 5:5. We look forward to His Coming, but the days are evil, but there is much worse to come, let the true believers in Messiah Yahushua continue to uphold the Seventh Day Sabbath as He and all the Apostles commanded as well as the appointed Feasts of YHVH Elohim and not those pagan christian festivals!

“Teach me Your way, O YHVH. I will walk in Your truth.
UNITE MY HEART TO FEAR YOUR NAME!”

Tehillim – Psalms 86:11