Structure[s] and number[s]

A place to share study, midrash, links and ideas.
Forum rules
Love your neighbour as yourself.
If there is a disagreement please have it respectfully.
nazarene
Structure[s] and number[s]

Post by nazarene » Wed May 29, 2019 12:56 pm

שלום!

Romans 9:3-5

Romans 9:3-5 seems to be built upon a structure. The structure is built on the principle of 12 lines and containing 60 Greek words. Each line of structure has its own parallel counterpart. Each of these counterparts seem also to have the same amount of Greek words, further solidifying the connection within the structure.

The counterparts are as follows;

[ A ] Cursed – [ L ] Blessed
[ B ] According to the flesh – [ K ] According to the flesh
[ C ] Israelites – [ J ] Fathers
[ D ] Adoption – [ I ] Promises
[ E ] Service – [ H ] Glory
[ F ] Covenants – [ G ] Lawgiving

I have colour coded the counterparts also, to find the counterpart match the colour.

A ] ηὐχόμην γὰρ ἀνάθεμα εἶναι αὐτὸς ἐγὼ ἀπὸ τοῦ Χριστοῦ ὑπὲρ [10 Greek Words]
A ] for I myself was wishing to be a curse from Christ for the sake of

B ] τῶν ἀδελφῶν μου τῶν συγγενῶν μου κατὰ σάρκα, [8 Greek Words]
B ] of my brothers, my kinsmen according to flesh

C ] οἵτινές εἰσιν Ἰσραηλῖται, [3 Greek Words]
C ] who are Israelites

D ] ὧν ἡ υἱοθεσία [3 Greek Words]
D ] whose are the adoption

E ] καὶ ἡ δόξα [3 Greek Words]
E ] and the glory

F ] καὶ αἱ διαθῆκαι [3 Greek Words]
F ] and the covenants

G ] καὶ ἡ νομοθεσία [3 Greek Words]
G ] and the Lawgiving

H ] καὶ ἡ λατρεία [3 Greek Words]
H ] and the service

I ] καὶ αἱ ἐπαγγελίαι, [3 Greek Words]
I ] and the promises

J ] ὧν οἱ πατέρες, [3 Greek Words]
J ] whose are the fathers

K ] καὶ ἐξ ὧν ὁ Χριστὸς τὸ κατὰ σάρκα, [8 Greek Words]
K ] and from whom is the Christ according to flesh

L ] ὁ ὢν ἐπὶ πάντων Θεὸς εὐλογητὸς εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας, ἀμήν. [10 Greek Words]
L ] who is over all, God blessed to the ages. Amen.

The only problem is with the Greek word ὑπὲρ [sake of] in the first line, if it is supposed to be placed in the first line, rather than the second, [the sentence may be constructed to introduce the rest of the structure] then the structure is equally balanced, being 12 lines, each part having a counterpart based upon 60 Greek words. Why 60? 60 is a multiple of 12, 12 x 5 equals 60, and 12 may represent the 12 tribes whilst 5 may represent the number of Torah.
Interested in learning more? Join us on paltalk in the room Yeshua HaMashiach Fellowship and Study Room

nazarene

Re: Structure[s] and number[s]

Post by nazarene » Thu May 30, 2019 10:44 am

Genealogies

In Hebrew the name of David is דוד each Hebrew letter is equivalent to a number. The name of David is made of three Hebrew letters, that being dalet, vav, dalet. Dalet [ד] equates to 4, and Vav [ו] equates to 6. As the name of David has two Dalets and one Vav, the combined total equates to 14.

The genealogy of Matthew is divided into three sets of 14's. 14 being the number of David.

At the 14th place in the genealogy is the name David.

There are three sets of 14's which indicates completion, what is being presented is the complete David. The Son of David who has been chosen to be the Mashiach.

The genealogy of Luke, has 77 generations. 77 is dividable by 7, so both the genealogy of Matthew and Luke is built on the principles of 7's.

The name of Yeshua in Greek is: Ἰησοῦς

At the 49th position in the genealogy of Luke a 'namesake' is used, to bring to mind the name of Yeshua;

τοῦ Ἰησοῦ τοῦ Ἐλιέζερ τοῦ Ἰωρὶμ τοῦ Μαθθὰτ τοῦ Λευὶ [Luke 3:29].

Why is the 49th position important? 49 is 7 x 7, these are the numbers of the Jubilee. What is being indicated is that Yeshua is being connected to the Jubilee period.

In the second Temple period there was also an expectation that the fallen angels would be judged at the culmination of 70 generations from about the time of Enoch, so, not only is a Jubilee being indicated to the audience, but a Judgement, for more about the expectation of a coming Judgement, see [viewtopic.php?f=2&t=232]
Interested in learning more? Join us on paltalk in the room Yeshua HaMashiach Fellowship and Study Room