The Sixth Principle Part 2

A place to share study, midrash, links and ideas.
Forum rules
Love your neighbour as yourself.
If there is a disagreement please have it respectfully.
samuel7771
The Sixth Principle Part 2

Post by samuel7771 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:14 pm

Chapter 1 by Reuven ben Gershom
The Decade of Uncertainty
Since the restoration of Eretz Yisroel (the Land of Israel), these times have been termed by many as the “decades of uncertainty.” It commenced with fear in the heart of man, as the world reeled from one crisis to another. Israel was constantly attacked by its neighbours, a battle that continues to this day. Other major events were when the Soviet’s invaded Afghanistan and when Russia moved into Muslim (ex Soviet) states. Serbs and Bosnians were at loggerheads as Serbs commenced ethnic cleansing in their region. Forces continue to build up in the Indian Ocean, with the never ending crisis in the Middle East. We saw the rise, and fall of Islamic extremist Taliban rule in Afghanistan. Then suddenly, the world changed instantly as Osama Bin Laden’s Islamic terrorists attacked the World Trade Centre in New York City on September11, 2001. Then there was a new terror on the horizon – Anthrax. Not to mention the tense situations that continue in Iraq, Iran, Korea and in Africa. All this violence continues to send pictures of horror into the world. In addition, we have seen world weather patterns change, claimed to be due to global warming. There have been massive and destructive floods, unending famine, whilst countless cyclones, tornados, earthquakes and tsunamis kill hundreds of thousands in South East Asia, the Pacific and the USA. In addition, the lack of water and an energy crisis looms, whilst gold and other commodities change value faster than modern communications can keep the public informed. Whilst our world is in conflict, the State of Yisroel suffers ongoing attacks by the PLO, Hamas and other extremist Islamic groups. Suicide bombers continue to kill innocent Israeli men, women and children.

We all know that the global population today tends to be living in fear, thus the question constantly asked “How is it all going to end?” This is a good question considering the ongoing threat of global warfare.

If I have not conveyed enough misery we see books, radio, and television bombard us with great gloomy predictions of our future by the many soothsayers including those from a false prophet known as Nostradamus. All this only adds to the confusion. For in those predictions, believed by millions, there is no certainty of our future, only uncertainty. With the chaos throughout the world, many are seeking relief in the occult, be it from teacup readings to reading the stars in order to gain an insight of their future. Many are conned by power drunk deceivers and join one of the many “New Age Movements.” These movements believe that man himself is the salvation of the world. These ungodly pagan movements (including all “Secret Societies” such as the Masonic movements, which is against the Torah, the Law) will lead mankind into spiritual oblivion. In all history man has never been able to bring about total harmony, let alone bring peace into the world. People worldwide rely on these movements, the stars, and other superstitions to determine what lies ahead of them, all to no avail, as they do not have the answers.

However, what of that one source that so clearly describes Israel’s past, present and the future, the blessed Torah and all of the Tanach? Many people regard the Scriptures in these terms “Interpretation is open to question” or “the Tanach does not apply to this day and age, but is a document of the past.” Not so, the Tanach (called the Bible by goyim) is very much up to date. It relates to your and my life today.

In this work I wish to prove that the Torah and the Tanach is very much the Word of Elohim, both historic and prophetic. In it we will find no uncertainty, only certainty and a future … a future for all who will seek it!

With this in mind, we approach the subject matter of this work “The Sixth Principle.” In the 12th century, a great Rabbi, Rabbi Moses Maimonides (Rambam) formulated the “Thirteen Principles of the Jewish Faith,” based on the teachings of the Torah and the Tanach. Let us now consider “the sixth one.”

“I believe with perfect faith that ALL the WORDS of the PROPHETS are TRUE.”

Chapter 2
The Prophets
Since we are to affirm our faith, and be able to accept the words that the prophets spoke were indeed from HaSHEM, we must be sure they are reliable and true prophets. Let us then establish who is a prophet?

A prophet is a person who has received Divine communication and the charge to communicate it to his fellow men. He has no other knowledge of the future than that which is revealed to him by HaSHEM our G-d, blessed be His Holy Name! In other things, the prophet’s knowledge is human and natural, and is accessible to all men. The process by which the prophets learn the will of G-d is called inspiration. The prophet is an inspired man; that is, a man endowed with the Ruach (Spirit) of HaSHEM Elohim.

The prophets were also righteous (Tzadik) men. Their minds were filled with pure thoughts, and their deeds were noble. However, they were not sinless, as no man is sinless. The prophets were chosen by HaSHEM and are therefore men of G-d, because their lives were wholly devoted to the service of G-d.

What was predicted by revelation by HaSHEM to the prophets concerning Israel’s sin, that is dispersion, and their restoration to the land and to Zion (Jerusalem), has now occurred, as Israel has been restored, as foretold by the prophets of G-d.

Therefore, “I believe with perfect faith that ALL the Words of the prophets are TRUE” for they are the Words of G-d.

Chapter 3
The Restoration of Israel
Israel was chosen by HaSHEM our G-d, blessed be He, to be “a Kingdom of Priests, and a Holy nation” (Exodus 19:6). As a kingdom of priests, Israel was to spread the knowledge and the worship of the ONE true G-d, the G-d of Avraham, the G-d of Isaac, and the G-d of Jacob to the nations. Israel, the land of promise, was given to the Children of Israel as an inheritance, Zion and Jerusalem was, and again is Israel’s religious centre.

“For out of Zion shall go forth the Law, and the Word of HaSHEM from Jerusalem” (Isaiah 2:3).

Sadly, it was the sins of Israel, which brought about the loss of our independence as a nation, until May 1948. The Divine decree that ordered the exile of the Children of Israel, also promised their restoration “in the latter days.” Today this is a reality.

“And you (Israel) will I scatter among the nations ... And yet for all that, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them, neither will I abhor them. For I am HaSHEM their G-d” Leviticus 26:33-44.

“Then shall they (Israel) know that I am HaSHEM their G-d, in that I caused them to go into captivity among the nations, and have gathered them unto their own Land” Ezekiel 39:28.

All twelve tribes of Israel and Judah were dispersed to the “Four Corners of the earth” where they were “buried” or “hidden” amongst the nations. However, HaSHEM, blessed be He, decreed that Israel would be re-established in “the land, upon the mountains of Israel.” It was to happen in “the latter days.” In the book of the prophet Ezekiel, we find one of the most graphic prophecies of the restoration of G-d’s people to the land of Israel.

“The hand of HaSHEM was upon me, and HaSHEM carried me out in the Spirit, and set me down in the midst of the valley, and it was full of bones; and He caused me to pass them round about, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. And He said unto me: ‘Son of man, can these bones live?’ And I answered: ‘O HaSHEM G-d, Thou knowest.’ Then He said unto me: ‘Prophesy over these bones, and say unto them: O ye dry bones, hear the Word of HaSHEM: Thus saith HaSHEM G-d unto these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and I will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am HaSHEM.’ So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a commotion, and the bones came together, bone to its bone. And I beheld and, lo, there were sinews upon them, and flesh covered them from above; but there was no breath in them. Then He said unto me; ‘Prophesy unto the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath: thus saith HaSHEM G-d: Come from the four winds, (from the ‘Four Corners of the earth’) O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.’ So, I prophesied as He commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army (or host). Then He said unto me: ‘Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel; behold they say; Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are clean cut off (living in dispersion, under persecution because of sin. See Leviticus. 26). Therefore prophesy, and say unto them: Thus saith HaSHEM G-d: ‘Behold, I will open your graves (graves of dispersion), and cause you to come up out of your graves, O My people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel. And ye shall know that I am HaSHEM.” Ezekiel 37:1-13.

Here we have read the most graphic illustration of Israel's re-establishment “into the land of Israel.” The “dry bones” represent “the whole House of Israel,” the Hebrew (Jewish) people, lost or dispersed amongst the nations. “And I will make them ONE NATION in the land” (Ezekiel 37:22). Today, Israel is that “ONE NATION in the land” as HaSHEM promised His people, through His prophet Ezekiel, thousands of years ago. On the 14 May 1948, the proclamation of Independence was read to the nation and the world; “The State of Israel will be open to the immigration of Jews from all countries of their dispersion.” – “From the Four Corners of the earth.” The prophecy of HaSHEM, blessed be He, through His chosen prophet Ezekiel has been fulfilled.

How wonderful, that HaSHEM has blessed us, to live in this time when our G-d, blessed be He, is performing His miracles, as prophesied. During the many violent incidents since 1948, HaSHEM has kept Israel from its enemies as promised in the book of Isaiah, that the nation of Israel would never perish again; “No weapon that is formed against thee (Israel) shall prosper” (Isaiah 54:17). The prophetic clock is moving to midnight fast. There is the never-ending crisis with the Palestinians. The build up of Russian forces and their influence in Muslim lands once part of the old Soviet states. Russia, like much of the Arab world, is heading to the prophecy described in Ezekiel chapter 38. Sadly, the conflict in the Middle East is not over, however, the Word of G-d, blessed be He, also promises “Greater Things” for all those that “uphold” the truth of His Word and live by it. Again, as our opening prayer said, “those that uphold it are made happy” and thus will find the “path of peace.”

We have looked at prophecies that relate to the dispersion of Israel, the restoration of the nation and of G-d's protection over the people and the land.

Yes … “I believe with perfect faith that ALL the Words of the prophets are true.”

Chapter 4
Greater Things
The range and scope of Israel's prophets take in more than the land and the nation. In the Tanach (OT), there are many prophecies that are obviously of a personal nature. At first, some prophecies are difficult to understand, but with the knowledge and faith that the Tanach is the Word of HaSHEM, and with study, they will become clear. With that kind of faith we will read and study other prophecies from the Tanach, for HaSHEM our G-d, blessed be His Holy Name, wants us to “Know ... Believe ... and Understand” His Word. For His Word relates to our life today.

At this point, many of my Jewish brethren, will become unsettled due to the content of the message. However, I ask that you read it with an open heart, only desiring the truth, the truth of what is contained in our Tanach!

Our study now takes us to the book of the prophet Isaiah.

“Who would have believed our report? And to whom is the arm of HaSHEM revealed? For he grew up as a tender plant, and as a root out of the DRY GROUND ... he was despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief: and as one from whom men hide their face he was despised, and we esteemed him not” Isaiah 53:1-3.

After first reading this prophecy, we find a mystery. Yet HaSHEM our G-d, blessed be He, is not the “author of confusion,” for He has given us other Scriptures that will give us a clue of its meaning. All we have to do is study His Word “in Truth” and with an open mind. Only then will we find the answer. “Who would have believed our report?” In other words, who will believe this prophecy? “And to whom is the arm of HaSHEM revealed?” We find his identity in the next few verses. It was he who grew up ... “as a tender plant.” This person would be “tender” with much love and caring. It says, “As a ROOT out of a dry ground.” It was written

“and there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of JESSE (David's father) and a branch shall grow out of his ROOTS, and the Spirit of HaSHEM shall rest upon Him” Isaiah 11:1-2.

This person would be from the house of David, and he would come at a time when Israel would be for the most, unfaithful, thus the term “out of a DRY GROUND.” See Ezekiel 37 (“Dry Bones” - Israel lost and dispersed for their sins). He would be “rejected” and “despised” by his own people, for they “esteemed him not,” therefore, he was “a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief.” We now clearly see, that this prophecy relates to a certain person “a MAN” who would be “rejected” by most of his people, just as Jeremiah was rejected by the (false) prophets, sinful priests and the majority of the people of Judah, who were worshipping Ba’al. The Rabbis claim that the above passage relates to the house of Israel. “We esteemed HIM not?” Could the house of Israel be saying “We esteemed OURSELVES not?”

Let us continue with this interesting prophecy from the book of Isaiah, and seek further clarification of this person, whom HaSHEM describes “as a tender plant ... out of a dry ground.”

“Surely he hath borne griefs inflicted by US, and suffered sorrows WE have caused: yet WE did esteem him stricken, smitten of G-d, and afflicted. But, he was wounded through OUR transgressions, bruised through OUR iniquities: the chastisement of OUR peace was upon him, and with his wounds (stripes) WE are healed. All WE like sheep have gone astray. WE have turned every one to his own way; and HaSHEM hath caused the iniquity of US ALL to fall upon him” Isaiah 53:4-6.

Without doubt, the house of Israel is mentioned in this Scripture. “And with his wounds WE (Israel) are healed ... he was wounded through OUR (Israel's) transgressions ... And HaSHEM hath caused the iniquity of US ALL (the house of Israel) to fall upon him ... and yet ... WE (Israel) esteemed HIM not.” Who is this “man,” who “was wounded through OUR transgressions?” It is He who “grew up as a tender plant, out of a dry ground” from the “stem of Jesse.” He is the promised Messiah of Israel, the Anointed one of HaSHEM our G-d, blessed be He. This prophecy is regarding the suffering servant of G-d, who would cleanse “the sin of many (all who “believe G-d’s report”) and make intercession for the transgressors” (Isaiah 53:12).

“He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: as a LAMB which is brought to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth. He was taken away from rule and from judgement; and his life who shall recount.' For he was CUT OFF out of the land of the living; through the transgressions of MY PEOPLE was he stricken. And one made his grave (place of death) among the wicked. And his tomb (resting-place) among the rich … Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great ... because we hath laid open His soul unto death” Isaiah 53:7-9 & 12.

Here we read of his trial, his death “among the wicked.” - “And with him they crucify two thieves” (Mark 15:27). His tomb would be “among the rich.” - “A rich man of Arimathea, named Joseph ... went to Pilate, and begged the body of Yahushua … and laid it in his own new tomb” (Matthew 27:57-58 & 60).

The Words “He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth” could not apply to the house of Israel as a nation. If we look back into history and consider the events in Israel today, we will see that the house of Israel never behaved as “a little lamb” when in the face of danger. Israel never suffered evil inflicted on them, without a fight of some kind. No, this prophecy relates to Yahushua, also called Yeshua and Jesus the Messiah, who came to be “a light unto the nations,” and as redeemer of G-d’s people.

“He was CUT OFF out of the land of the living, for the transgressions of MY PEOPLE TO WHOM THE STROKE WAS DUE (stroke being the punishment of death)” Isaiah 53:8 ... Translation from the Hebrew/English Soncino Press Tanach.

Chapter 5
The Time Factor
The “Principles of the Jewish faith,” says it quite clearly, “I believe with perfect faith in the coming of the Messiah.” This statement is in the future tense. Let us now look what HaSHEM, blessed be His Holy Name, said through His chosen prophets, regarding the timeframe when Mashiach would actually come? I do this, knowing that “the testimony of HaSHEM is faithful, making wise the simple.” - “I believe with perfect faith that all the Words of the prophets are true.”

Let us now turn to the book of the prophet Daniel.

“Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem unto the ANOINTED (Ha Mashiach). The prince (a prince being the son of a King), shall be seven weeks: and during threescore and two weeks it shall be built again ... even in troublous times ... And after threescore and two weeks shall the ANOINTED (Mashiach) be CUT OFF (“out of the land of the living, for the transgressions of My people to whom the stroke was due”), and there shall be none to succeed him: and the people (Roman legions) of the ruler (Titus) that shall come, shall destroy the city (Jerusalem) and the Sanctuary (the Temple)” Daniel 9:25-26.

Here HaSHEM, blessed be He, through His chosen prophet Daniel prophesied that the city of Jerusalem and the Temple would be rebuilt “in troublous times.” These troubled times are in fact described by Nehemiah in chapter four of his book. But, more than that, Daniel provides us with a time factor in his prediction, and this is the important point the prophecy makes. It is possible to check the accuracy of the prediction and even more wonderfully to identify the Mashiach by the time of his arrival. From the date, the command was given to rebuild the city walls and the Temple, until its execution (or completion) was to be seven of sevens of years (or 49 years). Then a further sixty-two sevens (or heptads) of years (or 434 years) would follow and the “Anointed” would then be “CUT OFF.” That would total 483 years from the date of the command. We know from history that the rebuilding of the Temple did go according to schedule. This should assure us of the accuracy of the basis of reckoning. Even though the Rabbis have admitted the rebuilding section of this prophecy, they have not admitted the appearance and “cutting off” of the “Mashiach.” Yet, HaSHEM, blessed be He, clearly said, and His Words are true, that Mashiach would come at the time of the rebuilt Temple, and that he would be “CUT OFF out of the land of the living.” Moreover, that after his death (sacrifice – “for the transgressions of My people”) the city and the Temple would be destroyed. This last event was fulfilled in 69 AD when the Roman legions under Titus destroyed Jerusalem and the Sanctuary, some 40 years after the time of HaMashiach Yahushua.

“I believe with perfect faith that ALL the Words of the prophets are true.” For HaMashiach Yahushua did come as written, and he died for our sins as prophesied by G-d’s chosen prophets. I also believe that HaMashiach “is risen from the dead” (Mattityahu-Matthew 28:7). For it was written that “Thou wilt not abandon my soul to the grave; neither wilt Thou suffer thine HOLY ONE (in Hebrew CHASID, also meaning godly) to see CORRUPTION (in Hebrew SHACHATH, corruption also meaning the PIT)” (Psalms 1610).

Baruch HaSHEM, His Word is faithful and true! Thus, I can say with all confidence,

“I believe with perfect faith that ALL the Words of the prophets are true!”

Chapter 6
The Mediator
Yahushua HaMashiach came as a mediator of an everlasting covenant of salvation that would include the Hebrew (Jew) and Goyim (Gentiles) alike:

“And I will make an everlasting covenant with you ... Behold, I have made him a witness to the people, a leader and commander of nations” Isaiah 55:3-4.

“Behold, I will send My messenger, and he shall prepare the way before Me, and HaSHEM, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to His Temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith HaSHEM of hosts” Malachi 3:1.

“I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be My salvation unto the end of the earth” Isaiah. 49:6.

Believe the prophets as they speak the Word of G-d. Believe in the promised Mashiach, Yahushua, for he was promised to Avraham in Genesis,

“And in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed ... Avraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him” Genesis 12:3 & 18:18.

Until the coming of the Mashiach, only Israel could be redeemed from sin, as the covenant and the Torah (the Law - the five books of Moses) was a covenant between HaSHEM and His people Israel. Yet, when Ha Mashiach Yahushua came “all the nations were blessed” and only then could all people be redeemed from sin. Yahushua came as the mediator of Israel and all the families of the earth. HaSHEM our G-d, blessed be He, promised that He would send “the Redeemer” at the time of the rebuilt Temple. That He would anoint him without measure, that he would be “cut off out of the land of the living, for the transgressions of My people to whom the stroke (punishment) was due.” G-d would raise him after three days and three nights, and Yahushua ascended to heaven and is our mediator at His Father's side, awaiting the time when He shall return to earth to set up “the Kingdom of G-d.”

*At the bottom you can also read studies, where you will discover that the Rabbis of old, including Rabbi Moses Maimon (Maimonides, also known as Rambam) and Rabbi Jonathan ben Uzziel, a follower of the famed Rabbi Hillel, agree that Yeshayahu chapter 53 clearly speaks of Moshiach. It is in English and there is also a copy in Hebrew.

Chapter 7
The Return
Israel is re-established “upon the mountains of Israel” in these the “latter days” and was reunited with Jerusalem in 1967. It is therefore time to seek HaSHEM our G-d, blessed be He, to seek the truth of His promises, and accept the one who “grew up as a tender plant” Yahushua HaMashiach. For he said, when G-d’s people (Israel - the leaves) are back in the land and in Jerusalem (the fig tree) “Verily I say unto you, This Generation (a generation i.e. 40 years) shall not pass, till these things be fulfilled” (prophecies relating Mashiach’s return) (Matthew 24:34). For soon, he shall come again with the clouds of heaven and in great glory, as Daniel beheld in his night vision.

“Behold, One like the Son of man (Yahushua) came with the clouds of heaven, and came to Ancient of days, and brought him near before Him. And there was given him dominion, and glory and a kingdom (Israel), that all peoples, nations and languages, should serve him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away” Daniel 7:13-14.

“And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and supplications: and they shall look unto me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him (Yahushua) as one mourneth for his only son” Zechariah 12:10.

“Then will I (HaSHEM G-d) sprinkle clean water upon you (Israel), and ye shall be clean from all your filthiness (sin) ... a new heart also will I give you, and a new Spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart of your flesh (unfaithfulness), and I will give you a heart of flesh (faith) ... And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave your fathers: and ye shall be My people, and I will be your G-d” Ezekiel 36:25-26 & 28.

In that great and wonderful day, “the remnant” of Israel shall “look upon me whom they have pierced” and know that HaSHEM, blessed be He, in His abundant mercy, sent the Messiah in order to save Israel and the nations. That day, Israel shall have “a new heart ... a heart of flesh.” They shall receive “a new Spirit,” and then will Israel truly become “A kingdom of priests and a Holy nation.” A remnant is a tenth, i.e. “144,000” persons who have in faith loved HaSHEM G-d, and kept “ALL MY statutes and commandments.”

Yidden, are you part of that remnant? On the other hand, Gentile reader, are you redeemed by the “blood Sacrifice” of HaMashiach Yahushua? It is time to commit yourself to him who “was CUT OFF out of the land of the living,” who rose again and makes intercession for us with our heavenly Father.

“If you will confess with your mouth the Lord Yahushua, and shall believe in your heart that G-d has raised him from the dead, you will be saved” Romans 10:9.

“I believe with perfect faith that ALL THE WORDS of the prophets are TRUE,” that they are the very Words of HaSHEM our G-d, blessed be His Holy Name.

Believe and you will find and receive the Lord. Your heart and eyes shall be opened with joy. “It is a tree of life to them that grasp it ... all its paths are peace.”

Chapter 8
The Kingdom of G-d
Yahushua went through every city and village of Galilee teaching his Father's Word. What was it that he taught? Surely, his subject must have been the truth, which above all others he wanted men to know! The Books of the Messiah (incorrectly called the New Testament) gives us the answer, he was “preaching and showing the glad tidings of the Kingdom of G-d” (Luke 8:1), or, “the good news of the Kingdom” (Matthew 4:23 - 9:35). He was relating “the good news” about G-d’s Kingdom, and what this meant was so well understood by his Hebrew brethren and followers, that Matthew refers to it simply as “the Kingdom” without defining what Kingdom. When Yahushua sent forth his disciples to teach, it was with the same message (see Luke 9:2).

Let us now look at what is meant by “the Kingdom of G-d.” We cannot believe what we do not know. We can know what the “Kingdom of G-d” is, from the Word of G-d, Tanach, and the Books of the Messiah, for its teaching is based on Tanach. Let us look at the evidence.

1. We are told through Daniel, that in the latter days:

“The G-d of heaven shall set up a Kingdom, which shall never be destroyed, and the Kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever” Daniel 2:44.

2. The Kingdom will be upon earth, and will take possession of all the kingdoms of the world:

“HaSHEM shall be king over all the earth” Zechariah 14:9. “The kingdoms of this world are become the Kingdom of our LORD and of His Messiah, and he shall reign forever and ever” Revelation 11:15.

3. The Kingdom to be set up will be the ancient kingdom of Israel restored:

“Wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom of Israel?” Acts 1:6. “In that day will I raise up the Tabernacle of David that is fallen” Amos 9:11. “The Kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem” Micah 4:8. “I appoint unto you a Kingdom, as my Father hath appointed me ... ye shall sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel” Luke 22:29-30.

Yahushua HaMashiach said “Come ye, to my Father.” That is the condition, to come, to “RETURN to G-d,” blessed be He, by the truth of His Word. Only then, with Yahushua as your Mashiach you may “inherit the Kingdom,” – “The Kingdom of our G-d and His Mashiach”

If we would look back into the history of mankind, to find just one man, among all nations, whose character would be blameless and without sin, whose influence and message was the most enduring, the majority of the world’s thinking people, including all Messianic Yidden, would designate Yahushua (from the linage of King David) as the Moshiach of Israel!

Why did I reject him for so long, and why do we Jews reject Messiah?

Most of my Jewish brethren have not and will not recognise Yahushua as Mashiach because we Jews have suffered, and many crimes have been committed against Israel, in the name of “Christ,” by so-called Christians. Just as Israel is capable of wrongdoing, so is part of the “Christian” world. No doubt, these so-called Orthodox Christian Churches have caused great damage to the precious name of Yahushua. Yet, there are many “true worshippers,” who “worship the Father and Messiah in spirit and in truth,” and draw their strength and inspiration from Yahushua. Most Jews believe, as the author once did, that, if a Jew accepts Yahushua as Mashiach, that he would become non-Jewish, a Goy. This is not so. Belief in the Word of HaSHEM, blessed be His Holy Name, given to the prophets, written in the Tanach and confirmed in the Books of the Messiah, cannot make a Jew non-Jewish, in fact to believe G-d’s Word can only make a Jew more Jewish. For then one can declare in truth, “I believe with PERFECT FAITH that ALL the Words of the prophets are TRUE.” It is “The Sixth Principle,” it is Jewish to believe. We can read of Him in our beloved Torah and Tanach!

In the freedom that HaSHEM has given us, we must choose between good and evil, eternal life or not. This is your choice NOW. Let us make recompense and accept Yahushua HaMashiach, because if we accept him according to the Word of HaSHEM “our sins are forgiven” through his Sacrifice. “He died for the iniquities of us all” (Isaiah 53). He is called “the Mashiach, our Passover Lamb (Seh), who was Sacrificed for us” (1 Corinthians 5:7). He is our “Hope,” our “Hatikvah.” (Read Zechariah 8:1-3, 9:9 - 12, 12:10, 14:3 –9).

The author is, and always will be a Jew, a Messianic Jew, believing the G-d of my fathers, Avraham, Isaac and Jacob, that His Word is truth. There are many Messianic Jews throughout the world, including in Israel, USA, Europe, New Zealand, and here in Australia.

I thank HaSHEM that He chose to send Yahushua Ha Mashiach to bring Salvation to “the Jew first and also to the Gentiles” (Romans 2:10). The apostle Sha’ul (Paul – Saul of Tarsus) also wrote,

“G-d has not rejected His people, may it never be, for I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Avraham of the tribe of Benjamin. G-d has not rejected His people whom He FOREKNEW” Romans 11:1-2.

HaSHEM our G-d, blessed be His Holy Name, has kept His promise even whilst Israel was in dispersion.

“ …and yet for all that (sin and rejecting Ha Mashiach), when they (Israel) are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break My covenant with them” Leviticus 26:44.

Thus, let us glorify HaSHEM our G-d and thank Him for His ANOINTED ONE, Yahushua our Mashiach in all our Synagogues, for … It is Jewish to BELIEVE!

Conclusion to Part 1 – The Sixth Principle
“Eitz Chayim … It is a tree of life to them that grasp it, and those that uphold it are made happy, its ways are pleasant ways and all its paths are Peace … Shalom.”

So far we have dealt with the prophets, the restoration of Israel, and G-d’s protection over His people and the land, as well as G-d’s promise of greater things in the coming of the Mashiach, his life and death for our sin, his resurrection, so that we may be “born anew” spiritually. We have dealt with his glorious return, soon to happen, to set up his Father’s Kingdom on earth.

We know from events in the world today, that we are in fact in the “latter days.” In these days, almost anything is allowed by society (moral decay). There are wars in every sector of the world, and weather changes plague the globe. Former friends of Israel like Ethiopia and Iran (Persia) have turned to be enemies as Ezekiel foresaw in chapter 38. Former enemy - Egypt is coming into blessing as Isaiah predicted. All this is written and is being fulfilled. Israel’s survival against all odds demonstrates that once again that the G-d of Israel is bringing His covenant mercy into action for His Name's sake.

In prophecy, we can see all things of the past, present and future. All we have to do is seek HaSHEM’s Word in truth, to fully “Know ... Believe ... and Understand ... that all the Words of the prophets are true.” HaSHEM our G-d, blessed be He, gave us His Word, the Torah, and the Tanach, so that we may know His Word and believing in Him, we shall understand it.

In the freedom that HaSHEM gave us, we have to choose between good and evil, eternal life in the Kingdom of G-d, or not. This is your choice NOW. Our heavenly Father has given us His truth, by the means of His Word, through the prophets, and His Words endure forever. You have reason to believe our G-d.

“Gad’lu Ladoshem - Hodo al Eretz … Magnify HaSHEM with me and let us exalt His name together. His grandeur is above earth and heaven; He has lifted up a horn to His people, to the praise of all who love Him, to the people of Israel, the people near unto Him, Praise ye HaSHEM.”

“Return again unto Me, saith HaSHEM” Jeremiah 3:1.

PART TWO - vital Reading!

The Sixth Principle is followed by an article by this author covering some of the writings of Maimonides of which great note should also be taken for he states that Yeshayahu – Isaiah chapter 53 - clearly speaks about the Moshiach! And we should ask, what do other Rabbis of blessed memory say this chapter speaks about? “Is it the suffering servant of the Children of Israel, or is it the Moshiach?” Listen to what Rambam and Rabbi Jonathan ben Uzziel a follower of Rabbi Hillel, as well as the famed Rabbi Moshe Kohen Iben Crispin of Cordova have to say. This item found in Part Two will amaze you for these are men of blessed memory whom we all know and greatly respect!

Part Two
What do the Rabbis of Old say is the Subject of …
Yeshayahu - Isaiah Chapter 53?
What do some of the famed Rabbis of blessed memory speak about Yeshayahu 53

Many, including Rambam agree that this chapter speaks about Moshiach!

This page will cover some of the words spoken and written by Rabbis of blessed memory and of whom we have all read and studied their written works. But what did they have to say about what is considered in Judaism as one of the most controversial chapters in the Tanach all because of Christianity?

That much loved prayer “Eitz Chayim” says …

“It is a Tree of Life to them that grasp it, and those that uphold it are made happy. Its ways are pleasant ways and all its paths are Shalom - Peace.”

Amnos (Amos) 8:11 has the following wonderful words. It is a prophecy, a prophecy the author hopes to see fulfilled soon!

“‘Behold, days are coming,’ declares the Lord HaSHEM (the LORD), ‘when I will send a hunger into the land; not a hunger for bread, nor a thirst for water, but (a hunger) to hear the-Words of HaSHEM.’”

Introduction

In the 12th century, Rabbi Moses Maimon (Maimonides also known as Rambam – 1135-1204) formulated the “Thirteen Principles of the Hebrew Faith” which are firmly based on teachings from the Torah/Tanach. Let us consider “the sixth principle.”

“I believe with perfect faith that ALL the WORDS of the PROPHETS are TRUE.”

Since we are to affirm our faith, that the prophets spoke the Word of HaSHEM, our Elohim (the LORD our G-d), we must be sure they are reliable and true prophets. Let us then establish who is a prophet.

A prophet is a person who has received Divine communication and the charge to communicate it to his fellow men. He has no other knowledge of the future than that which is revealed to him by Elohim, blessed be He! In other things, the prophet’s knowledge is human and natural, as is accessible to all men. The process by which the prophets learn the will of Elohim is called inspiration. The prophet is an inspired man; that is, a man endowed with the Ruach (Spirit) of Elohim the Almighty.

The prophets were also righteous men. Their minds were filled with pure thoughts and their deeds were noble. However, they were not sinless, as no man is without sin. The prophets were chosen by Elohim and are therefore men of Elohim, because their lives were devoted in serving Elohim.

HaSHEM Elohim, blessed be His holy Name, foretold of Yisroel’s sins and the forthcoming dispersion. He revealed to the prophets details regarding the Moshiach and our restoration to Zion (Eretz Yisroel/Jerusalem). Today the State of Yisroel has been re-established in the land.

Therefore, “I believe with perfect faith that ALL the Words of the prophets are TRUE” for they are the Words of Elohim.

Part One

“Who is this?”

“Who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of HaSHEM been revealed? He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.” Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 53:1-3.

For Jewish followers of Moshiach, this chapter is well known; however, most of Yisroel (Jews) do not read this passage. Recently, over one hundred Israelis were handed a small booklet and were asked, “Who do you think this describes, who is this?” Those who agreed to read it, when finished, conceded that they did not now to whom it referred. However, others thought was some sort of Christian literature that described “Jesus the Christian Messiah.” When told that they had just read a chapter from the Tanach (the Old Testament), Yeshayahu chapter 53, there were those who were offended and left, others said it was too difficult to understand, whilst several Chassidic students said that their rabbis taught that it described Yisroel as being the suffering servant. However, famed Rabbis of old, including Maimonides (Rabbi Moshe Ben Maimon), clearly knew who was spoken of in chapter 53, and they clearly said so, as we will see a little later.

The question needs to be asked, why is this chapter so unknown amongst Yisroel? The truth is it is never read in the Synagogue. We only read the Torah, (Five Books of Moshe) and Haftorah (selected readings from the books of the prophets) as prescribed by the Rabbis of old. Yeshayahu 53 is not part of these readings. The truth is 99.5% of Yisroel do not even have a Tanach, the majority only have a copy of the Pentateuch Haftorah, which contains the Sabbath Torah Parashat (weekly readings) and Haftorah readings. The Pentateuch Haftorah does not contain Yeshayahu 53, thus, how can Yisroel ever read the prophecies about Moshiach? When it is presented, as described above, it is shrugged off, or some rabbinic interpretation is quoted.

Part Two

What do the Rabbis of Old Say …

About Yeshayahu (Isaiah) chapter 53?

Early interpretations or targums (ancient paraphrases on Scriptural texts) see Yeshayahu chapter 53 as referring to an individual servant, the Moshiach, who would suffer. Rabbi Jonathan ben Uzziel, a follower of the famed Rabbi Hillel, who lived at the end of the Second Temple era, began his Aramaic translation of this chapter as follows:

“Behold my servant Messiah shall prosper; he shall be high and increase, and be exceeding strong: as the House of Yisroel looked to him through many days, because their countenance was darkened among the peoples, and their complexion beyond the sons of men. (Targum Jonathan on Isaiah 53, ad locum).”

The Babylonian Talmud states the following:

“What is his (Moshiach’) name? The Rabbis said: His name is “the leper scholar,” as it is written, “Surely he hath borne our grief and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him a leper, smitten of Elohim and afflicted.” (Sanhedrin 98b).

As an explanation of Ruth 2:14 the Midrash Rabbah states:

“He is speaking of the King Moshiach: “Come hither” draw near to the throne “and dip thy morsel in vinegar,” this refers to the chastisements, as it is said, “But he was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities.”

The Zohar, 2nd volume, Exodus Parashat Vayakhel, 214a, in his interpretation also points to the Messiah:

“There is in the garden of Eden a palace named the Palace of the Sons of Sickness. This palace the Moshiach enters and he summons every pain and every chastisement of Yisroel. All these come and rest upon him. And had he not thus lightened them upon himself, there had been no man able to bear Yisroel’s chastisements for the transgression of the Torah: as it is written, “Surely our sickness he carried.” (Zohar II, 212a).

Without doubt the early sages expected the Moshiach to fulfil Yeshayahu’s prophecy. Only in the Middle Ages was a completely new viewpoint presented and this obviously was mostly due to the hideous persecution of the Children of Yisroel by those who called themselves “Christians,” but who were obviously not. This new interpretation was popularised by a rabbi who would have a massive influence on future theology, his name was Rashi (Rabbi Shlomo Itzchaki - 1040-1105) who was born around one thousand years after the Yahushua (Jesus) was killed on that tree by the Romans. Rashi introduced a brand new interpretation claiming that the “suffering servant” passages in Yeshayahu referred to the collective fate of the Children of Yisroel as a nation rather than an individual such as the Moshiach. Rashi’s teaching remains Jewish doctrine to this day, whilst other great Jewish sages of the times, and later Maimonides (Rabbi Moshe ben Maimon), realised the inconsistencies of Rashi’s views and he would not abandon the original Messianic interpretation of the early Jewish sages for he know that Rashi was wrong!

Their objections to Rashi’s viewpoint were threefold, holding on to the following.

First. They showed the consensus of ancient opinion.

Second. They pointed out that the text is grammatically in the singular tense throughout. For example, “He was despised and rejected … he was pierced for our (plural) transgressions … he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,” etc.

Third. They noted that verse 8 would present difficulties to those who interpret this passage as referring to the nation of Yisroel, for it reads”

“By oppression and judgement, he was taken away. And who can speak of his descendants? For he was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgression of my people was he stricken.”

The question is, when was Yisroel, Elohim forbid, ever “cut off from the land of the living”? Obviously, never, for Elohim has clearly promised that Yisroel will live forever:

“Thus says HaSHEM, who gave the sun for a light by day and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divides the sea when the waves roar; HaSHEM of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, says HASHEM, then the seed of Yisroel shall also cease from being a nation before Me for ever. HaSHEM said; “If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Yisroel for all that they have done, says HaSHEM.” Yirmyahu (Jeremiah) 31:35-37.

In addition, it is impossible to say that “for the transgressions of My people he was stricken” since “My people” clearly means Yisroel. If verse 8 refers to Yisroel, then it should be saying that Yisroel is stricken for Yisroel, because of Yisroel’s sins. How can the sin-bearer and the sinner be the same? Likewise, how can Yisroel be the servant, the one who “had done no violence, nor any deceit in his mouth”? (Verse 9). Yisroel has now ever “been without sin, the Scriptures describes the sins of Yisroel all too well, Yirmyahu (Jeremiah) wrote a whole book about Yisroel disobedience.

Rabbi Moshe Kohen Iben Crispin of Cordova, who lived in the fourteenth century, said of Yisroel as the servant interpretation:

It “distorts the passage from its natural meaning” and that Yeshayahu chapter 53 “was given of Elohim as a description of the Moshiach, whereby, when any should claim to be Moshiach, to judge by the resemblance or non-resemblance to it whether he were the Moshiach or not.”

Sadly, many Rabbis today persist in citing Rashi as the definitive word on how to interpret the servant in Yeshayahu 53, yet dismiss the valuable teachings of the many other great sages, especially Maimonides, yet we recite during our daily prayers that which Maimonides wrote daily “The Thirteen Principles of the Jewish Faith”. Other Rabbis see the inconsistencies of Rashi’s view, and also claim that the passage clearly refers to an individual, usually Isaiah himself, or Koresh, the king of Persia or Ezekiel, Jeremiah, Moses, or Job, etc.

As you go through the proposed list of people in this passage, ask yourself: which one was totally blameless throughout his life? Which one died for the sins of others? What do I think? Are you willing to dismiss the Moshiach as the one whom Yeshayahu foretold? Then ask yourself again,” “why is this passage omitted from our regular Synagogue readings, and then only after the time of Rashi?”

Do not allow that part of Orthodox “Christian Church” that persecuted us so much sway your intellect, and we must reject Rashi’s interpretation and follow the interpretation of our great Sages. Remember, Rabbi Jonathan ben Uzziel began his Aramaic translation of Yeshayahu 53 as follows:

“Behold my servant Messiah shall prosper; he shall be high and increase, and be exceeding strong: as the House of Yisroel looked to him through many days, because their countenance was darkened among the peoples, and their complexion beyond the sons of men. (Targum Jonathan on Isaiah 53, ad locum).”

Midrash Rabbah - on Ruth 2:14.

“He is speaking of the King Moshiach: “Come hither” draw near to the throne “and dip thy morsel in vinegar,” this refers to the chastisements, as it is said, “But he was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities.”

Sadly, we keep on rejecting our Messiah because of what certain parts of the Church has done to Yisroel over the centuries; however, we need to understand the differential between what is called the Church and the Faithful Followers of the Messiah. The Scripture states that Yahushua left “us an example, that you should follow his steps.” Thus, those that behave in any other way than Messiah had instructed his followers in the Scriptures, such as “Love your neighbour”, “Love your enemies,” “those who live by the sword will die by it,” etc …

“But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.” Luke 6:35-38

Thus, the crusaders, Inquisitions, the Popes and all those who claimed to be “Christians,” if they did not uphold these laws and commandments, they were not followers of Messiah or the LORD our G-d! Thus, we must not blame the true followers of Moshiach Yahushua, as I once did, but now accept him as my Lord and Saviour!

Conclusion

Over one million Jews around the world have proclaimed the suffering servant of Yeshayahu chapter 53 to be Yahushua the Messiah, this includes Yeshiva educated rabbis, men who know Torah, men who have come to know the Moshiach, who came at the time of the Second Temple as prophesied. The author, an Orthodox Jew a leader of his community, came to the same conclusion in back 1977 that Yahushua who was born in Bethlechem (as prophesied) was the one who “was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces, he was despised, and we (Yisroel) esteemed him not.”