The Avraham Studies Study Three

A place to share study, midrash, links and ideas.
Forum rules
Love your neighbour as yourself.
If there is a disagreement please have it respectfully.
samuel7771

Post by samuel7771 » Fri May 25, 2018 11:11 pm

Faith, Hope and Love by Reuven ben Gershom

Introduction
There is no doubt that “Faith, Hope and Love,” are the three greatest qualities man can have. As we ponder these three aspects in the life of Avraham - Abraham, I pray you will come to the full understanding of the “Faith, Hope and Love, that we, Elohim (God) willing, might become more like YaHVaH’s (the LORD’s) Anointed one, Yahushua THE Messiah!

Let’s delve deeper into these three qualities.

FAITH. The proof you trust a person is, that you do whatever they tell you. Faith is action, steadfastness, ongoing. Faith and obey, these are the two sides of faith, which we will look closer at in this study.

HOPE. The question is, “What is our hope?

LOVE. What is your first Love?

Let us now look at these three qualities, given to us by YaHVaH Elohim, blessed be His Sanctified Name, in His Word as we explore a unique event that took place in the life of an old man, a man who is styled in the Word as “the father of faith.”

Bereshis (Genesis) 22:1:

“And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, ‘Avraham,’ and he said, ‘Behold, here I am.’”

Now, let us read this verse again and right through to verse 18. But this time we will read from the “New Messianic Version” NMV, and you will note that “Abraham” is written correctly as “Avraham” as is Elohim correctly written as “Elohim” for we should realise that the term/title in Hebrew “Gad” - “god” does also have its pagan origins as is stated in the Tanach the Old Covenant as is confirmed throughout the ages. Read our relevant study on this subject; “Elohim or God?” See the Main Index.

However, Elohim did NOT tempt Avraham!

“It happened after these things, that Elohim tested Avraham, and said to him, ‘Avraham!’ He said, ‘Hineh (here I am).’ Elohim said, ‘Now take your son, your only son, whom you love, even Yitzchak (Isaac), and go into the land of Moriah. Offer him there for a burnt offering on one of the mountains which I will tell you of.’ Avraham rose early in the morning, and saddled his donkey, and took two young servants and Yitzchak his son. He split wood for the burnt offering, and rose up and went to the place that Elohim had told him about. On the third day, Avraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place far off. Avraham said to the two young servants, ‘Stay here with the donkey. The boy and I will go further. We will go and worship, and come back to you.’ Avraham took the wood of the burnt offering and placed it on the back of Yitzchak his son. He took with him fire and a knife, and continued on their way.

Yitzchak spoke to Avraham his father, and said, ‘Father?’ he said, ‘Here I am, my son.’ Avraham said, ‘Here is the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?’ Avraham said, ‘Elohim will provide himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.’ So, they continued together on their way. They came to the place, which Elohim had told him about. Avraham built the altar there, and laid the wood on the altar. He then tied up Yitzchak his son, and placed him on the altar, on top of the wood. Avraham stretched out his hand, and took the knife to slay his son. But, then, the angel of YHVH called out from the sky, and said, ‘Avraham, Avraham,’ and he said, ‘Here I am.’ He (the angel) said, ‘Do not lay your hand on the boy, neither do anything to him. For now I know that you fear Elohim, seeing you have not held back your son, your only son, from Me.’ Avraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and saw that behind him was a ram caught in the undergrowth by his horns. Avraham went and he took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering instead of his son. Avraham named this place ‘YHVH Yireh.’ As it is said to this day, In YHVH’s mountain it will be provided. The angel of YHVH called to Avraham a second time out of the sky, and said, ‘I have sworn by Myself, says YHVH, because you have done this thing, and have not withheld your son, your only son, that in blessing I will bless you, and in multiplying I will multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens, and as the sand which is on the seashore. Your seed will possess the gate of his enemies. In your seed will all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.’”

Do you realise the massive implications of this event and the promise that YaHVaH Elohim made to Avraham? “In your seed will all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.” “All the nations of the earth” would also receive a blessing through the seed of Avraham, all because of this man’s great faith and what happened on this mountain!

Let us look closely what the Word teaches us!
You will have seen in that in the KJV version is says in verse 1 “Elohim did tempt Abraham.” I thank and praise YHVH that most versions have now corrected this great error, for YHVH Elohim, blessed be His Sanctified Name, does not ever “TEMPT” anyone - however, He does “TEST” His own!

Those who live in the flesh, in sin and live a life of selfishness are in truth an adversary unto Elohim and they are obviously led by HaSatan the great Adversary of Elohim! These individuals will be tempted with evil desires of the world and its evil flesh pits. Thus, verse one clearly states “that Elohim did prove” or “test Avraham.”

We know from the Word, that Avraham was getting old, for the Word said, “after these things” or much “later.” In fact, chapter 21 verse 34 makes a statement: “And Avraham stayed in the land of the Philistines for a long time.” It was thereafter Elohim, blessed be He, would test him. By now, he and Sarai had their promised son, Yitzchak. The Egypt experience as related in the earlier study was now long behind them.

The test comes after Elohim calls Avraham and he replies, “Hineh – Here I am.” Elohim at this point asks Avraham what seems like the impossible request for a father. “Now take your son, your only son, whom you love, even Yitzchak, and go into the land of Moriah. Offer him there for a burnt offering.”

What an impossible test this would be, but this would really test Avraham’s of… FAITH, HOPE, and LOVE!

Let us now consider Avraham’s Faith!

From the Word, did you notice how obedient and how practical Avraham was? Moreover, his action was immediate, there was no waiting or going to prayer about it. He went as his Elohim had asked of him, for he had no doubts, he knew his Elohim; He knew what He required of him! Full of faith Avraham rose early the next morning and prepared for the journey.

As we will see, his faith was without questioning. With Avraham’s practical faith, we see him loading the wood and other needs on the donkey and on Yitzchak – Isaac and getting ready for an early departure. In addition, his faith was sustained, for he was still travelling towards his destination three days later. His obedience in faith was also complete, for he was willing to offer his only son as a burnt offering.

Avraham’s Faith was therefore:

1. Immediate obedience.

2. Practical obedience.

3. Sustained obedience.

4. Complete obedience.

Beloved, this is a lesson we must all learn!

The word “Faith” in Hebrew is “Emun” or “Pestis” in the Greek. “Emun” means, “steadfastness” – “stability” and “truth.” And “Pestis” means, “fidelity_ “loyalty” – “constant” – “firm” and “unwavering.” Remember, Messiah Yahushua said;

“You are my friends IF you do whatever I command you.” Yochanan - John 15:14.

Faith is obedience, why? Because Faith is Love.
The problem today is that sadly “Christian” theology has gotten the Scriptures all tangled up. They have completely confused the words “the Law,” with “works” and that of “faith.” Romans 4 relates to “the Laws of Moshe” as faith and not works, the truth being, works is the result of faith!

Let me be very honest here, IF the Law has been abolished - as we are all told by the all the church’s clergy, why then do we still have the “Ten Commandments”, which is part of YaHVaH Elohim’s - Old Covenant Law as given to Moshe and it is still as important in today’s church life, and western Government! Thus, are the preachers of today not being totally and completely hypocritical?

YHVH Elohim, blessed be He, desires us to be:

“… doers of the Word, not hearers only, for hearers only will deceive themselves … Faith without works is dead. By works faith is made perfect.” Ya’akov - James) 2:20-24.

Thus, does this mean that the Law is no longer valid today? Our blessed Messiah Yahushua commanded the following to you and to me …

“For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the Torah (Law) until ALL is fulfilled. Thus, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called the least (in the kingdom of heaven); but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” Mattityahu - Matthew 5:18-19.

Praise YaHVaH Elohim, we are saved by the loving Grace of Elohim and we now keep those things, which are right in the sight of our loving Father because we love, adore and worship Him! We are told by christians that Yahushua has fulfilled the law, but read closely what He really … “until ALL IS FULFILLED,” and I am sorry to say that the one thing He came to preach to us has NOT come about as yet, the “Kingdom of Elohim” and that can only happen after His glorious Second Coming to this earth! Then in the great conclusion, even after the Millennium and the Great War that will follow it, then comes the New Heaven, the New Earth and Jerusalem with its massive New Temple, etc, only then “ALL IS FULFILLED!”

But sadly, these days there is far too much love’ism around in the church, especially that tragic and lost Pentecostal movement who have the general thought that “if I believe in Jesus, I am saved.”

Beloved, it seems to be forgotten to a large degree, 1. It depends very much on Who do you believe in. 2. What you believe in. 3. When you first believed the blessed TRUTH of the Word, you had to act upon your Faith and then do something about it, such as confessing from your sin, repent and seek for forgiveness, through the shed blood of the risen Saviour Yahushua … for NO other name can save you!

It was Messiah Yahushua who died and rose again, three days and three nights and then He ascended to be with His Father 40 days later and He will return again to the earth! We must therefore live a life as an act of love and in complete faith! It was also an act of obedience of the command the very moment you entered into the waters of Mikvah that is also called baptism. The true faithful in Messiah are indeed under “grace,” but this grace is based on our relationship with Elohim and Messiah Yahushua, being committed to do that which He has commanded us to do in His Word!

However, we should realise that the motive has changed. It is not just ‘do right’ to get to heaven, because we are commanded to do so, no certainly not, for now we are obedient because of our sincere love and gratitude, for I will do that which is right unto Elohim and my beloved Saviour, for He did so much more for me! For now the Law is my servant and not my master!

Avraham’s Faith:
We know about Avraham’s faith by what he did as so clearly described in Romans 4 and Ya’akov - James chapter 2. Avraham was certainly a “doer” and not just a good “sermon taster” like so many that read or sit at fellowships on church pews these days. Sadly, the church generally preaches a whole other Gospel to that which the Almighty has given us, with doctrines such as “Once saved, always saved,” no matter what you do after having accepted Jesus. That kind of teaching is based on a pack of sinful lies. Those teaching this empty Gospel have no understanding of what Elohim, blessed be He, has said in His Word. The churches are so far out of touch with the Word of Elohim, thus they have fallen away from His ways, as Messiah Yahushua so clearly described would happen in the “Latter Days.”

The fact is there are not enough people like Avraham, Moshe - Moses, Dovid - David, Yeshayahu - Isaiah, Yirmyahu – Jeremiah, and Sha’ul - Paul as well as all the Apostles and followers of Yahushua over the centuries to this day, amongst the faithful in Messiah Yahushua. These men and women were and are genuine “doers of the Word” and were/are “justified” by their faith. Faith is, as the scripture shows, action, steadfastness, and ongoing. Faith is doing His will because we love Him and that we desire to please our Creator!

In love Messiah Yahushua obeyed and gave His precious life for you and for me, thus if we love Him, we will follow His example and we shall abide in His love!

“If you keep My Commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.” Yochanan - John 15:10.

The Word has shown us that Avraham’s faith was immediate, practical, sustained, and complete. For there is no doubt that Avraham went all the way!

Let us consider the Hope of Avraham

What was Avraham’s hope?
Was it Avraham’s wealth and possessions? No, the hope of his future was in his son Yitzchak, for he was the miracle baby. He was Elohim’s gift to Avraham, Sarai, and the world, just as Yahushua was Elohim’s gift to Israel and the world and all who would believe, repent and uphold His Word! It would be through Yitzchak that Avraham’s seed would be multiplied and be blessed. Above all, Avraham’s hope was in His Elohim, for Yitzchak was Elohim’s provision, Elohim’s gift to the world. We might ask the question, where does our hope lie, is it in Elohim or in Yitzchak, or those things that only appears to be our hope?

Are we willing to let our hope, our Yitzchak’s go? That is the test!

Avraham had only one son from Elohim, yet he was wiling to obey and offer him, as Elohim asked of him. We may ask, why? Unlike many today, he was willing to put his faith into action, for all his trust and hope was in Elohim, whom he loved! He believed Elohim, he somehow knew that if Yitzchak would have died on that altar, Elohim would have had to restore him and bring him back to life again. For did Elohim not say that Yitzchak’s seed would be multiplied? Avraham believed in Elohim’s ability to raise his son from the dead, he believed in resurrection. The truth is, Elohim never meant Yitzchak to die, and the Scriptures so clearly prove this.

In verse 2 of chapter 22 uses the word “offer,” which in the Hebrew is … “and offer him” - “Ve’ha’ale’hu.” The root word there is “alah,” which literally means to “lift him up.” Thus, from the outset, it was not Elohim’s intention to let Yitzchak die. He would be “lifted up,” but Avraham only heard the words “burnt” and thus went believing that if his son would die and Elohim would raise him again.

Avraham’s great faith and hope is clearly shown in verse 5, as he instructed his two servants as follows.

“Stay here with the donkey; the boy and I will go there and worship, and we will come back to you.”

In that statement he revealed his complete faith, hope and trust in Elohim. Avraham was willing to go all the way, right to the point of plunging the knife down into his son’s body, if he had to. Avraham said, “the boy and I will go there and worship.” It has been said by some, that this was a slight deception, for he was not going to worship, but to sacrifice. The fact is Avraham’s willingness to sacrifice his “only son” is the greatest act of worship known to men, an act of absolute faith.

Let us consider the Love of Avraham

What about Avraham’s love?
It is only natural to assume that Avraham was fond of Ishmael for he was also his son, and the Word clearly states that “he loved Yitzchak,” the son promised to him by Elohim so many years ago. This love would be tested by YaHVaH Elohim, blessed be His Sanctified Name. Notice that there are three distinct, or the three different tests that Elohim gave Avraham. Look at verse 2.

The test of his Faith … “Take (sacrifice) your son …”

The test of his Hope … “… your only son.”

The test of his Love … “… whom you love.”

In this verse we see a three-fold test. “Faith, Hope and Love.”

With these things in mind, may I pose a question? “What is our most precious and treasured possession?” Husbands will obviously say, after the Messiah I would pray you would say - “my wife and children.” Wives will say their “husband and children.” Now this may be good and well and some may say that is the way it should be. However, let me tell you something that is not the real truth. In reality, for our most precious possession is really …

… TIME!

Think about it, TIME and what we do with our time. We tend to hold onto time. Time we spend doing those things we like and with those we love. Often we do not like giving up our time, for it intrudes into our personal and private “space,” thus we tend to guard our time very carefully.

Sadly, much time is being wasted by those who claim to be in Messiah by doing the most mundane and useless of things, like watching that idiot box (TV) for hours at the time. Indeed, we are allowed to have some sort of relaxation, but in this day and age, leisure is rapidly overtaking work, and doing the will of Elohim. An active life is living in His complete will!

Are we willing to give up more time? The sad fact is that many people have come to love the gifts more than the Giver. Many have come to love the creatures and the creation more that the Creator. And that beloved, is called idolatry!

In the life of the faithful in Messiah, Elohim and Yahushua must ALWAYS come first in all things! How much are we willing to give of ourselves? Are we willing to be “A living Sacrifice, which is our reasonable service?” Romans 12:1.

We need to understand that we are living in the “latter days.” Yahushua will be coming for his bride and those in the flesh (HaSatan) will not like it. The self in man and the deception found in most of the churches is out on all stops to destroy lives and lead precious lives away from the true Word of Elohim with wicked (pagan) deceptions, which in some case are utterly anti Elohim and Messiah!

Just look around and see what is happening in so many churches, and those TV evangelists who spew out doctrinal confusion, which has invaded the church. Today, people go to their churches to receive rather than to give of themselves! The new age gospel is based on, the I, me and myself, with so many pastors and church leaders, living self directed lives, becoming more concerned about psychology, church numbers, their own image, thus allowing doctrinal error to enter their fellowships.

Beloved, the strategy of these sinful ones, those who oppose the Word of Elohim are so clearly led by “HaSatan” – “the Adversary” and they are divided into three sections.

1. Unbelievers. Those in the flesh, the cults, and those in the church, is out on all stops to blind the unbelievers to the true Message of the Word, according to 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 and 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10. Unbelievers laugh and joke about christians, because of the hypocrites and those who appear to be money hungry, especially as they see the farce on TV with the many American TV Evangelists who are making a mockery of the true faith of Messiah Yahushua. But the christian world prefers to follow a fake Messiah, who is called “Jesus” (meaning “hail to Zeus”) created by a pagan church by Simon Magnus the first bishop of Rome, and NOT Shime’on ben Yonah - Peter the Apostle, and they have turned it into a global phenomenon that has made a mockery of Him who the true Messiah – Yahushua and the Son of YaHVaH Elohim who the pagan church do not even know!

2. Believers. The unbelievers of the world try to persuade believers to ignore the will of Elohim through disobedience – Bereshis (Genesis) 2:17, through worry - 1 Shime’on - 1 Peter) 5:7-9 and ignoring doctrine - 1 Corinthians 1:21. The world, including its leaders seek to entice the faithful believer from the will of Elohim – Ya’akov - James 4:7-8. Sin in the life of men, seeks to destroy the believers focus by placing their eyes on the self, the, I, me and myself - 1 Corinthians 1:10-11. By focusing on others - 1 Corinthians 1:12. By placing their eyes on things and possessions - Hebrews 13:5-6. Through sin, some of the believers may fear death - Hebrews 2:14-15.

3. The World in general. The evil world and governments are on full attack deceiving the world, as they join a new world order of peace, being part of the enticement into destruction. This will come into a full conclusion in the near future as we will see the markets change completely and all money gone with a cashless society!

The question we should ask ourselves, are we, the true believers in the ONE true Elohim and Messiah Yahushua willing to give more of ourselves and more time unto our Saviour, YaHVaH Elohim? Are we willing to be men, real men and women, like Avraham and Sarai? Are we willing to be more like our Messiah and follow His example?

Elohim, blessed be He, loved Avraham because He saw His own reflection in him. Avraham was a father, and Elohim is the Father of all mankind. Avraham was father with an “only son.” Elohim is the Father of the Messiah as prophesied in the Tanach who in the Brit Chadashah the New Covenant is stylised as “His Son” for indeed Elohim saw a father prepared to sacrifice his only son. Do you see the picture? Elohim saw His own image in Avraham, for He gave His only son, to be “the Passover sacrificed for us.”

What is the meaning of it all? Elohim is asking Avraham, “… are you willing to be like Me?” This question also related to us, the faithful, for we through faith are the children of Avraham. Like father, like son, that is part of the test of our faith. Are we willing to be more like Avraham and more like Yahushua?

“For to this you were called, because Messiah also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps.” 1 Shime’on - Peter 2:21.

Are you a believer in YaHVaH Elohim and the Messiah Yahushua? If the answer is yes, then your HOPE lies in Yahushua and then you will in LOVE bring others into blessing, through the example of your life in Him! Let us have Faith, Hope and Love in our lives!

If you have been reading this study, and you are part of the church and you have confessed “Jesus as Lord” I ask that you now pray and seek our Heavenly Father for guidance and discernment in order that He may assist you in relation to your current circumstances for I know that our Heavenly Father desires you to come into His presence in the Name of Yahushua THE Messiah then you repent and as you return unto YaHVaH and Messiah Yahushua. We know from His loving Word of truth that when you do this in Spirit and in Truth, He will return unto you! That is His promise!

Once we have accepted Messiah Yahushua as our Master and Saviour we can enter - The “Little Flock” of believers in Yahushua! We may ask were did that name “Little Flock” come from? It actually hails from Lukas - Luke 12:32-34 …

Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags that do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

Beloved, we should understand that Messiah Himself so clearly told us that Satan would deceive the world, and yes even the elect for tragically he is the god of the world. Thus the title for the true faithful in Messiah being the “little flock” and as the Word so clearly tells us in a number of Scriptures that “the gate is narrow,” etc.

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” Mattityahu - Matthew 7:13-14.

I pray that you will be part of The “Little Flock” of believers in Yahushua that will come through “the narrow gate” and meet our beloved Saviour who is the Bread and the Door of LIFE!

You may think at this point, well that was a revelation to say the least, and a good message and it could end here. No, beloved, the message begins at this point, for YaHVaH wishes you to understand the fullness of this event for there is something very powerful I would like you to discover next!

What about Yitzchak’s - Isaac’s role in this event?

As we think of it, very little is written about Yitzchak’s role in the matter. Mostly we have spoken about his father’s actions of faith, thus it appears that Yitzchak - Isaac has come off, well sort of second best in this event. We must remember that Yitzchak also stood there on Mount Moriah. And we see that he was also a man of great faith, a man who also trusted his Elohim!

I see Yitzchak as a model, a picture and a type of Messiah Yahushua. Let’s consider the following.

In verse 4 we read that there was a “three day journey,” does this not remind us of the three year ministry of our beloved Messiah Yahushua?

In verse 6 we see the wood placed on Yitzchak’s back, which he carried up to Moriah. Again our Messiah also carried wood on his back right up to “the place of the scull - Golgotha.”

We should also notice the narrative in the Word, for you will find that there are eight verses that relate to the four days prior to the Mount experience. These being: The day of calling, and then there is the three day journey in the wilderness.

However, then we find that there are ten verses directly related to the time on the mount! Yet in reality, as we know, Avraham and Yitzchak were only on the Mount for a relatively short time. This proves that YaHVaH our Elohim, blessed be His Sanctified Name, is more concerned and interested in redemption and it is for this reason why He devotes and spends more time and detail on that blessed subject, and He does this throughout in His Word!

In addition, Avraham and Yitzchak walked all alone to mount Moriah, for they left the two servants behind. Consider this, we also know from the Word that Moshe - Moses travelled alone with his brother back to Egypt, for Zipporah, his wife had returned to her father’s tents after they had a dispute and she had called Moshe “a bloody husband.” Thus, she did not travel with the Israelites to Egypt either. Moshe met her again together with her father on the other side of the Red Sea. Indeed, Yahushua was also left all alone in the garden of Gethsemane, whilst those who were with Him had all fallen asleep.

In this great story of Avraham and Yitzchak, you will find there is no mention of Sarai for she like Zipporah and Miriam - Mary had no place in the redemptive story, for it was a transaction between the Father and the son - YaHVaH Elohim and Yahushua the Messiah). The father placed his son on the altar, our heavenly Father allowed His Son to be placed on that tree. No matter what Rome and others in the old church originally proclaimed, neither Israel, not even Pilate, Caiaphas, or Herod, killed our Messiah our Saviour Yahushua, for He Himself said, “No man takes My life, for I give it freely.” Yahushua was obedient unto death!

In Yahushua we see the completed picture of faith and obedience, a transaction between the Father and Himself, the son of Dovid - David, the Anointed one, the Messiah!

Another interesting question arises in relation to Yitzchak’s age. Many tend to think of him as a small boy, but NO not so, the truth is he was somewhere in his twenties. The Word tells us that not long after this event that he got married.

Thus, Yitzchak in this event is also a man of great Faith, Hope, and Love! The fact is that he was big enough to say to his father, “No way, I will have no part of this” and overpowered his aging father. Thus we have learned that Yitzchak was a man of great faith, for he was obedient unto YHVH, just as much later Yahushua would be as he was nailed to that tree.

Yitzchak was a perfect picture of Yahushua, but unlike Messiah, he was not worthy of being the blood sacrifice, thus this is where the parallel concludes. The test is over.

After the sacrifice of the ram, Yitzchak’s type changes, for now we no longer see him as a type of the Messiah heading to be sacrificed, but a type of the redeemed. Now we see Yitzchak not as Yahushua, but the faithful fellowship in Messiah.

We who have been redeemed by Him who Elohim provided just as was described in verses 7 and 8 “Elohim will provide Himself (HaSeh) - the lamb.”

YHVH and “HaSeh – the Lamb” – “a Ram”

As Avraham raised his knife, YHVH stopped him and provided a substitute, “a ram.” We might ask, but why did YaHVaH provide a ram and not a lamb?

The truth is beloved, this event was once again prophetic, and we need to understand the full implication of it.

Yahushua was both the ram and the lamb of Elohim. The Hebrew word “Ayil” is ram and not lamb for the word for lamb in Hebrew is “Seh”. Thus, what does this really mean? Simply this, it was not the baby Yahushua or a cute little lamb that was hung and died on that tree, but THE MAN Yahushua, and that is what the ram in this great event points to.

“The next day Yochanan - John saw Yahushua coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb (HaSEH) of Elohim, who takes away the sin of the world!” Yochanan - John 1:29.

Why then is Yahushua called “HaSEH - the Lamb of Elohim?” “HaSeh - the Lamb” signifies that the lamb that was “without spot and blemish,” thus totally without any blemishes (sin), as Yahushua was. Whereas, the Ram, proves that Yahushua was obedient as a MAN. The root word for Ram “Ayil” is “ul,” which means, “to be first.” In Vayikra - Leviticus 5:15 “Ayil” is called “A guilt offering, the ram of Atonement.” Thus, beloved “The Man Messiah Yahushua” was fully obedient unto death, and truly “the Lamb of Elohim” yet also “the Ram” of Elohim!

Avraham knew the ONE and true Elohim, the creator of heaven and earth. He knew the MAN Yitzchak, who was willing to give up his life unto YaHVaH Elohim. Thus, we see the Eternal and a man, who was willing to be sacrificed. The Word also makes the distinction between YaHVaH THE Elohim, and “the man Messiah Yahushua.”

This is good, and pleases Elohim our Saviour, who wants all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of Scriptural truths.

“For there is ONE Elohim and ONE mediator between Elohim and men, the MAN Messiah Yahushua, who gave Himself as a ransom for all men.” 1 Timotheos -Timothy 2:3-6.

“… for us there is but ONE Elohim, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but ONE Master, Yahushua the Messiah, through whom all things came and through whom we live.” I Corinthians 8:6.

“Men of Israel, hear these words: Yahushua of Nazareth, a MAN attested by Elohim to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which Elohim did through Him in your midst.” Acts 2:22.

“He (Yahushua) is the Atoning Sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. We know that we have come to know Him if we obey His Commands. The man who says, ‘I know Him,’ but does not do what He commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys His Word, Elohim’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in Him. Whoever claims to live in Him MUST walk as Yahushua did.” 1 Yochanan - John 2:2-6.

Let us learn from the Father of our faith and Yahushua our beloved Messiah, and have the fullness of Faith, Hope, and Love in our lives, being willing to offer our Yitzchak’s before Elohim and place our lives in His hands in order that we might grow in Him and live a life of full obedience, keeping His commandments as He commanded in His Word and fully confirmed by Messiah …

“Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” Matt 5:19.

Beloved, the keeping of the Seventh day Sabbath is the fourth of the Ten Commandments, but tragically eventually, it was a Sun worshipping emperor Constantine, who was not even a “Christian” who completely abolished it and replaced it by worship on his beloved day of the sun god.

Although it being an ancient day of worship of the sun god, and some of the ancient Eastern, Greek and Roman church had already been upholding the first day of the week as a day of worship, but it was Emperor Constantine. who was a man who had all of his life worshipped the pagan sun-god and had come to power in 313 A.D., and he formally legalized a new State Religion, which was a mix of paganism combined with various old Roman, Babylonian and Greek cultures with a mixture of what was happening in and around Rome, but they added images, statues, and the worship of the god Isous, which is Zeus, but this god became a christian version of a Messiah that eventually became known as “Jesus.” Then he officially introduced the new law of the Sunday Sabbath. His infamous enforced Blue Law of Sunday keeping was made on March 7, 321 A.D., and it reads as follows:

“On the venerable Day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed.” (From the Blue Law; Codex Justinianus 3.12.3, trans. Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, 5th ed. (New York, 1902).

The Roman papacy officially confirmed the Sunday Law as The Council of Laodicea in 364 A.D. as they decreed …

“Christians shall not Judaize and be idle on Saturday but they shall work on that day; but on the Lord’s day (Sunday) they shall especially honour, and, as being Christians, shall, if possible, do no work on that day. If, however, they are found Judaizing (that is keeping the seventh day Sabbath), they shall be shut out from Christ.” (Strand, op. cit., citing Charles J. Hefele, A History of the Councils of the Church, 2 (Council of Laodicea documents - Edinburgh, 1876).

Then there are the most wonderful Feast of YHVH Elohim as found in Vayikra - Leviticus chapter 23, such as the wonderful Passover & Unleavened Bread, which as we all know our loving Saviour partook of this feast all of His life, as did His Apostles and His followers as is shown throughout the New Covenant long after He had returned to His Father side, and it is upheld by the “Little Flock” to this very day!

Then there is Firstfruits, remembering His resurrection! Shavuot, the Feast of Weeks, which occurs fifty days after Passover and is prophetic of the out pouring of the Ruach HaKodesh, the Holy Spirit as described in Acts chapter 4, then after a long break comes Ruach Ha Shofar, the Blowing of trumpets, Yom Kippur, Atonement, and concluding with Sukkot, being Tabernacles.

Beloved, did you know that each of these Feasts are prophetic and speak clearly about all that that our beloved Yahushua our Saviour would do from His coming, His Death, the outpouring of the Sanctified (Holy) Spirit, The sound of the Trumpet at His Coming, The Millennium Reign, The New Heaven and New Earth, etc, etc! That beloved is why we should all be celebrating all of these blessed feasts with great thanks and joy!

“YHVH said to Moshe, ‘Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘These are My appointed feasts, the appointed feasts of YHVH, which you are to proclaim as sacred assemblies.” Vayikra - Leviticus 23:1-2

There is so much to be learned from these two great men of faith, the father and his son and I pray that if you have read all three of these vital studies that you will Have been touched and blessed by the powerful faith of this great man of faith and that you have been seeking for His truth that can only be found in the Word of YaHVaH Elohim, blessed be His Sanctified Name!

You know I am so saddened that there are not that many in the world that really have a desire for the Word of truth! Why? Mostly because it will mean having to make dramatic changes and sacrifices to your life! And sadly most are living in one way or another, a worldly life, thus the changes will be enormous. But we need to understand that HaSatan detests the Word of Elohim and he prefers people to live in that washed down version called “christianity” where they have another god by the name of “Iseous” (Zeus) as their master and he is not a danger to him, for let’s face it he is part of Satan’s very own creation.

Recently a young man in Australia, who working together with a woman arrived on the scene and proclaimed that he is “Jesus Christ and she is Mary Magdalene re-incarnated” and they started up an ministry called “Divine Truth” at Kingaroy in Queensland. Now to you and me this may seem utterly outrageous and so stupid, but they have gained thousands of wealthy followers, most of whom seem to be rich and they are buying up large blocks of land and building halls and houses, etc. Thus, Satan will assist these evil deceivers and ensure that they will have a good following not just here, but worldwide!

But sadly, the minute we commenced to share the Word of Truth with the world online, we were attacked from all corners of the earth for people just do not want to hear the Truth of the Word of Elohim, no matter if it comes directly from His Scriptures and is fully backed up! No, they are happy in their current environment, whatever that may be, 1. Their church and their traditional teaching complete with their pagan feasts and worshipping on the day of the that hideous pagan sun god, even if it is like spitting in the face of the Almighty, but that is just fine with them, for their teachers obviously say it is! 2. Then there are those who are completely of the “I, me and myself” who are completely led by Satan and they are led by the evil one and live lives of pure evil!

But, as I have already stated and it is so sad, our beloved Saviour did tell us very clearly that the gate would be NARROW, but beloved there is still room! Please come and be part of YaHVaH’s beloved family, in the Name of Yahushua THE Messiah!