The Light of the World

A place to share study, midrash, links and ideas.
Forum rules
Love your neighbour as yourself.
If there is a disagreement please have it respectfully.
samuel7771
The Light of the World

Post by samuel7771 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:48 am

The Light of the World by Reuven ben Gershom

“You are the salt of the earth, but if the salt loses its flavour, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the Light of the World. A city that is set on a Hill cannot be hidden.” Mattityahu - Matthew 5:13 - 14

Frequently the question is asked, “Can a true believer in Messiah go to war and fight for his country?” The answer to this important question is as complicated, as it is simple. It all depends on your stand in faith and how you uphold on the blessed Word of YaHVaH Elohim, and on how you follow our beloved Messiah Yahushua’s “example.”

“For to this you were called, because Messiah also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps.” 1 Shime’on - 1 Peter 2:21.

For those who need further clarification to this question, let us see how Yahushua Himself deals with His enemies, and we also, we need to investigate, “Where is the battle and how do we fight it? We will certainly know the battle strategy that is if we listen and heed to what YaHVaH our Elohim tells us what to do in His precious and Sanctified Word!

Therefore beloved, let us prayerfully read the Words of Yahushua Himself as are found in Mattityahu - Matthew Chapter 5, Verses 7-14, and Vs 38-48.

“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see Elohim. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of Elohim. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.” Mattityahu - Matthew 5:7-12.

Considering Yahushua’s Words, how can one who is faithful in our blessed Saviour even have a remote thought of going to war to fight?

But those who do go may well claim “to be in Christ,” but beloved the truth is, they are not in Yahushua THE Messiah of YHVH Elohim the Creator, for spiritually they are children Egypt, which represents sin! They may KNOW about a god and even BELIEVE in the Bible, but they do not know either, for the truth is they do not know the Almighty YaHVaH Elohim of the Sanctified Scriptures, nor His Only Begotten Son Yahushua THE Messiah!

We who are in Yahushua The Messiah are washed clean by the shed Blood of the Lamb of Elohim and we have been EMANCIPATED - SET FREE from slavery, which was bound in sin. Once having been set free, Yahushua commands us to be SEPARATED

“Therefore come out from among them, and be separate, says YHVH, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will receive you.” II Corinthians 6:17.

Beloved, we MUST STAND APART as children of YaHVaH Elohim, blessed be His Sanctified Name, for we are to be “the LIGHT of the world,” being “Children of the day – not of the night” I Thessalonians 5:5. If we do not, how will the world see Messiah in us, for we will be just like them? Yahushua made it so clear that we must “let your light so shine before men”, and what He meant there is “Before ALL Men” both good and evil. For a fuller understanding of His instructions, we should turn to Mattityahu - Matthew Chapter 13 and study the Parable of the WHEAT and the TARES, which is truly fascinating parable and sadly far too many tend to lose the full meaning of it!

“The kingdom of heaven is like a man (Yahushua) who sowed good seed in his field; but while men slept, his enemy came, and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. But, when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. So the servants of the owner (the faithful) came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ But he (Yahushua) said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares (the sinners, the evil ones), you also uproot the wheat (the Faithful) with them. Let both grow together UNTIL THE HARVEST and at the TIME of the HARVEST I will say to the REAPERS, ‘FIRST GATHER together the TARES, and BIND them in BUNDLES to BURN THEM, (cast them into the pit – the grave), but gather the wheat into my barn.’ (the Kingdom of Elohim).” Mattityahu - Matthew 13:24–30.

Yahushua here says, ‘NO do not go and fight them, don’t muddle in their affairs, lest you may harm the faithful also … For it is NOT your Duty! I will do it at the time of My Return. Your work is to PREACH THE GOOD NEWS to the TARES, that they also may TURN (Return – Repent) AGAIN to Me. Remember beloved we were all tares once, but through Yahushua The Messiah, we are now the wheat of the harvest!

Where does the main problem lie? Sad many christians tend to remain, and I believe un-Scripturally so, Nationalistic. The Word says that we are no longer of this world, for we have been separated unto Messiah! Those who accept Yahushua as their Master and Saviour cannot fight, for if they do, they, possibly in their ignorance, support “the rulers of darkness of this world” Ephesians 6:12. These leaders are for the most ushering in, the world into the time of “he who is the beast” he who will rule during that evil time that we all know to be the “Great Tribulation.”

Shaul -Paul of Tarsus makes it quite clear that those who are in the world …

“… went along with the crowd, and were just like all others, full of sin, obeying evil.” Ephesians 2:2.

The truth is beloved, that the world will stand against The Messiah and follow their rulers and leaders of the world into a time of great horror, even though at first it will seem like it will be a period of peace, but the blessed Scriptures so clearly warns us clearly that it will be a false peace, and with it will come Satan’s evil cashless society!. The governments of this country (Australia) and its leaders of most nations around the world for that matter, are making new laws that are against the teachings of YaHVaH Elohim and our beloved Messiah? I will not list all of the evil new laws, but they are obvious, on the list are gay marriage, children that can be adopted, or by various means by gay’s, or single individuals, in addition, feminism has gone far too far, and there is the new boom of choosing babies sex or terminating unborn babies at almost any stage, and these days, not just if they have an illness, but if the mother just wants to get rid of it for any reason. And the list is far greater than this and it is even more horrifying, for there are also the planned starvation plans that are pre arranged by nations by delaying shipments of urgent food! Thus friends, how can true faithful in Messiah Yahushua follow Governments without the blessing from the Almighty and go into a slaughterhouse battle?

However, we do have authority to go into a Spiritual battle, be it in prayer and sharing Messiah with the tares, and I mean family, friends and those who are the enemy!

There is an event recorded in the second book of Kings Chapter 9:6 & 7. There King Jehu was commanded by YaHVaH Elohim, blessed be His Sanctified Name, to kill all of King Ahab’s family who had committed a great deal of evil in the sight of the Almighty.

“You (Yehu) are to destroy the family of Ahab; you will avenge the murder of My Prophets and all of My other people who were killed by Jezebel.’ Jehu obeyed Elohim and killed those of the family of Ahab, but then he did more. Jehu exceeded Elohim’s command and slaughtered not only all of the Royal family but all his servants and friends also. YHVH was angered at his overstepping His orders. This is recorded in the book of Hosea. ‘And YHVH said, ‘Name the child Jezreel, for in the valley of Jezreel I am about to punish King Jehu’s dynasty, to avenge the MURDERS he committed.’’ (Hoshea – Hosea 1:4 Paraphrased).

The believers in Messiah do NOT have the command to go forth and slay any of the tares at any time, thus let none of us be found with the sin of Jehu in our lives. Let us turn to the Words of Yahushua, our Messiah in Mattityahu - Matthew Chapter 5.

“You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. BUT I TELL YOU NOT TO RESIST AN EVIL PERSON. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away. You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if, you love those who love you what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And, if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore, you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.” Mattityahu - Matthew 5:38–48.

These principles are found throughout the Brit Chadashah, the New Covenant. When Yahushua was being arrested, a knife or a sword was drawn and an ear of a servant of the high priest was cut off. Yahushua first healed the ear but then rebuked the person who inflicted the wound.

“Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword (blade or knife or any violence) will perish by the sword.” Mattityahu - Matthew 26:52.

Also read; Romans 12:17, and 1 Shim’on - Peter 3:9.

“Do not say, ‘I will recompense evil’ wait for YHVH and He will save you.” Mashley Shlomo - Proverbs 20:22.

The words in Mashley Shlomo - Proverbs so beautifully reflect the teachings of Yahushua. For remember that Jehu killed those who could have been saved by the power and the mercy of Elohim. Yahushua came to save lives, not to destroy them. Let us go forth with “the Sword of the Sprit, which is the Word of Elohim.” Ephesians 6:17.

The “Little Flock” of the faithful in Yahushua The Messiah simply cannot join unbelievers and fight for a nation that denies that Yahushua is THE Messiah;

“Little Flock” see Lukas - Luke 12:32.

“Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Messiah with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? And what agreement has the temple of Elohim with idols? For you are the temple of the living Elohim. As Elohim has said: ‘I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their Elohim, and they shall be My people.’” 2 Corinthians 6:14-16. Also read verses 17 & 18.

Beloved, the Word of Elohim is full of pictures of how a true believer lives. As per example, Abraham when he came into the Promised Land, he ‘pitched his tent … and … he built an altar unto YaHVaH’ (Bereshis - Genesis 12:8). The faithful in Messiah, (redeemed from sin, by the blood of the Lamb of Elohim) should do the same, building our prayer altars (for spiritual warfare), and “pitching our tents,” for we are, as the Word says, “strangers and pilgrims on the earth.” Yes we certainly must obey our Governments, providing it does not exceed the will of our Elohim, for we are indeed sojourners here;

“For here we have no continuing city, but we seek one to come.” Hebrews 13:14.

Be not deceived by the things and teachings of the world, even if it comes from, and yes I dare to say the truth, even if it comes from the mouths of “christian” teachers, for sadly far to many teachers and pastors have been misled by the “tradition of man” for far too long, just like so many rabbis and priests of Israel that had gone astray and we all know how our loving Saviour Yahushua felt about the Pharisees and the Sadducees, who over the ages had added countless erroneous man-made laws, which Messiah opposed, for sadly these men had become worldly men, just like the Roman church has brought paganism into all the greater churches!

The Scriptures teaches us;

“Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” 1 Yochanan – 1 John 2:15.

Those who oppose our beloved Elohim and The Messiah have a Satanic desire to deceive others and have them follow a path that holds on to the principle “an eye for an eye” and this is the principle of anger if not hate, and that is just what Satan loves and where he would want you to be! However, I can tell you that that same evil one hates this verse … “Love one Another, Love our enemy, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you.”

It amazes me, but armies all have priests/pastors/ministers and rabbis encouraging soldiers on their merry way. These religious men are generally given rather high ranks and great honours in Britain and within most countries for having served during any war. But, I wonder how our beloved Saviour really looks upon them?

First of all, a true believer in Messiah Yahushua would never be a serving-fighting soldier at any time, war or no war! True believers do know that the church is being taught “another Gospel” and we shun those who teach it, “for they are false apostles, deceitful workers not having the Word of truth in them.” But, I do question their motive, how can they who have a Bible (we the “Little Flock” do not use that word, instead use “the Scriptures”) in one hand, yet head off to war, whilst others even support capital punishment and again, the Sanctified Scriptures is our only guide;

“Again, a new commandment I write to you, which thing is true in him and in you, because the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining. He, who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now.” I Yochanan - John 2:8-9.

“If someone says, ‘I love Elohim,’ and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, how can he love Elohim whom he has not seen? I Yochanan - John 4:20.

Now let us look at a future event that is clearly portrayed in the book of Revelation Chapter 13:10. It provides us with a clear picture of the reaction to those who oppose the faithful who have come into faith, be it through the ministry of the Two Witnesses or the 144 000 remnant of Israel, who will be the new tribulation evangelists …

“If anyone is to go into captivity, into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed. This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.” Revelation 13:10.

“Anyone who can hear, listen carefully: The people of Elohim who are destined for prison will be arrested and taken away; those destined for death will be killed. But, do not be dismayed, for here is your opportunity for endurance and confidence.” The paraphrased version.

You will have noted that this does not permit the Tribulation Saints to fight back. Thus, so much for taking up arms, now or then!

If you claim to know a “Christ” and you feel you should defend your country, well go and do so, but take my word for it, you are not in the “light.” For we do not know a christ! That title came from the name of a pagan god Chrestos and Chreston, you can thank Simon Magnus who was the founder of the Roman catholic church for that, he obviously also created the word christian, which comes from the same source! This evil Satanic man, who is spoken of in Acts chapter 8, was reprimanded by Shime’on – Peter for his evil and attempting to buy an apostleship. He then went to Rome and commenced a new faith, a mixture of Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek and Roman, mixed with a little of what he had learned from the Hebrew Messiah, etc! It was him, this man who was known in Samaria as the “sorcerer” who became the first bishop of Rome, for Shime’on – Peter never during his entire life set a foot in that city!

During the wars of the past, those who upheld the principles of the Word, may have participated in certain roles, but only in those that would have assisted those who had been wounded, etc, but they would never have taken up any arms, not as much as dagger or a pistol and make the Scriptures of “no effect.”

Beloved, I pray that this study will have had an effect upon your life? Thus, I pray that you will not be found in Egypt (sin), being led by Pharaoh (Satan, and all those who hate Elohim, and the many false teachers), but be led by YaHVaH’s men like Moshe (being an analogy in part of our loving Messiah), enter and remain in the Promised Land, living in the will of YaHVaH Elohim, our Heavenly Father. He will take care of all who are willing to follow the example that was shown by Yahushua The Messiah!

“Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.” Hebrews 10:22-23.

Let us not be conformed to the things of the world. Remember, now that we are washed clean by the Blood of the Lamb, we have been Emancipated (set free) and Separated. Therefore, let us now take hold of our Full Possession!

“Therefore, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He (YaHVaH) has promised us, eternal life.” (1 Yochanan - 1 John 2:24-25).

“And He (Yahushua) said to them ‘Go into the entire world and preach the Good News to every creature.’” Markus - Mark 16:15.

And why should we do this? Very simple for IF we are truly Children in Messiah Yahushua then we are as we have been told in Mattityahu – Matthew 5:14; "You are the light of the world."