The Sopherim

A place to share study, midrash, links and ideas.
Forum rules
Love your neighbour as yourself.
If there is a disagreement please have it respectfully.
samuel7771
The Sopherim

Post by samuel7771 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:55 pm

The Sopherim by Reuven ben Gershom

Introduction:
It is important that we understand what the alteration to the original Hebrew texts by the Sopherim means to us today, for what these men have done so long ago is that they sinfully removed the most Sanctified (Holy) “Memorial Name” of YaHVaH Elohim from the original text and substituted it with either “Adonai” which means “LORD” and even with YHVH’s Attribute/Title, being “Elohim” (God). The truth is that we were warned by YaHVaH Elohim, blessed be His Sanctified Name, that this would happen in fact if we read Yirmyahu - Jeremiah chapter 23, verses 24 to 27, I am sure that you will be shocked by its accuracy!

Yirmyahu – Jeremiah Chapter: 23: 24-27:

“‘Can anyone hide in secret places so that I cannot see him?’ declares YHVH. ‘Do not I fill heaven and earth?’ declares YHVH. ‘I have heard what the prophets say who prophesy lies in My Name. They say, ‘I had a dream! I had a dream!’ How long will this continue in the hearts of these lying prophets, who prophesy the delusions of their own minds? They think the dreams they tell one another will make My people forget My Name, just as their fathers forgot My Name through Baal worship.’”

Here we can clearly read that the false prophets were already quietly and deliberately beginning to eliminate the precious and Sanctified “Memorial Name” of YaHVaH and already the practice had began of establishing the substitution of “Adonai” for YHVH.

The problem is that when you eliminate the blessed Name of the Almighty, our loving Creator of heaven and the earth and as soon anything is used in its place people will forget who the true Elohim really is, for IF you do not know His Name, you have nothing to hold onto! Tragically that is also what has occurred in the greater church to this day, where the “Memorial Name” has at large been eliminated and substituted by a false substitute that came in by a Satanic church who created, “Jehovah.” But others actually use “the LORD” and even “God” just if they were actual Names of the Almighty. But we all know that both “the Lord” and “God” means nothing in the greater world for these are in fact not names, but attributes or titles, and they can mean anything, as these titles are also attributed to such pagan god’s as; Siva, Buddha, Brahma, and countless other pagan god’s around, all gods and lords of the many false Satanic pagan religions. But not one of these have a name such as our beloved - YaHVaH Elohim!

Be assured that it was a satanic conspiracy to eliminate the blessed Name of YaHVaH, as well as the Name of His Messiah who is our Saviour and whose actual Name is Yahushua! Satan will never destroy their Names for they are clearly recorded, but he has succeeded in persuading the people of Israel to alter our Heavenly Father’s Name, and the church to change Messiah’s Name for a new name that is actually based on a pagan name based on another Greek deity, and this causes a real problem that we have to deal with!

Above and below is a link to a comprehensive study on the “Memorial Name,” which also covers the Name of Messiah and the attribute “Elohim.” Please read it as it is a very important subject and that is why Satan wanted to make sure the world did not know the Name of YaHVaH and thus had it hidden and the evil one used the Sopherim and others to also change the “Name above every name” - Yahushua our beloved Messiah!

Levite scribes known as Sopherim:
According to the Talmud - the Jewish books that are mostly commentaries on the Tanach, the Old Covenant by the rabbis, the Levite scribes known as “Soferim or Sopherim,” or rabbis whose main occupation was to interpret the Torah, the Five Books of Moshe – Moses to the Children of Israel, their organization began with Ezra, but their work is also known to be related to the whole of the Tanach, the Scriptures we tend to call the Old Covenant. The works of the Sopherim was called “Massorah Magna” or “Massorah Parva.” The Sopherim were considered by the priests and the rabbis to this day as the authorized revisers of the “Holy text,” and the Masorites were the accepted custodians of the completed text.

Tikkune Sopherim:
Early rabbinic sources, from around 200 CE, mention several passages of Scripture in which the conclusion is inevitable that the ancient Scriptures obviously must have differed from that of the present Hebrew text. The explanation of this phenomenon is given in the expression … “Scripture has used euphemistic language,” i.e. to avoid anthropomorphism and anthropopathy.

Rabbi Simon ben Pazzi of the third century called these readings “emendations of the Scribes (Tikkune Sopherim; Midrash Genesis Rabbah xlix. 7), assuming that the Scribes actually made the changes. This view was adopted by the later “Midrash” (oral laws written and added by men) and by the majority of Masoretes. In Masoretic works these changes are ascribed to Ezra; to Ezra and Nehemiah; to Ezra and the Sopherim; or to Ezra, Nehemiah, Zechariah, Haggai, and Baruch. All these ascriptions mean one and the same thing: that the changes were assumed to have been made by the men of the Great Synagogue.

The term “Tikkun Sopherim” has been understood by different scholars in various ways. Some regard it as a “correction of Biblical language” that has been authorized by the Sopherim for homiletical purposes. Others take it to mean a “mental change” made by the original writers or redactors of Scripture; i.e. the latter shrank from putting in writing a thought which some of the readers might expect them to express.

The assumed emendations are of four general types:
* Removal of unseemly expressions used in reference to God; e.g., the substitution of ("to bless") for ("to curse") in certain passages.
* Safeguarding of the Tetragrammaton; e.g. substitution of "Elohim" for "YHVH" in some passages.
* Removal of application of the names of false gods to YHVH; e.g. the change of the name "Ishbaal" to "Ishbosheth."
* Safeguarding the unity of divine worship at Jerusalem.

However, what does YHVH Elohim have to say about His Word and what we can do with it?
“Therefore you shall not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right or the left.” Davarim - Deut 28:14.

What does this mean? Man simply cannot change any of Elohim’s Word’s and change them of his own will and make them mean whatever they decide them to mean, even if he desires to do so for some righteous reason, for changing the Word of YaHVaH will have its consequences and billions of lives have been lost, because of their meddling and changing the Word, and thus Israel has not only not fully understood their own Scriptures, but have missed their Messiah when He came mostly because their own leadership ensured that they would not know Him.

It was only those who had a true heart for Elohim and had a knowledge that Messiah would be from the House of Dovid and be born in Bethlehem that many of the Hebrews came to know and believe in Yahushua as their Messiah through His teachings and the miracles that He did! Again Yahushua spoke out against the priests for they were opposed not just to the Messiah, but also the Word of Elohim of Israel and they were all dammed!

Do you realise that the Sopherim actually removed the most Holy Name of YHVH (YaHVaH) from the original Scriptures in many places and instead they replaced it with His Attribute (Title) Elohim. For example if you will look at Tehillim (Psalms) chapter 53 you will note that in the English it mentions “God” seven times, although in Hebrew of course it is “Elohim” and we in any of our writings do not use the word “god.” However, it was the Sopherim who changed it from YHVH to Elohim, and the question arises, who gave them the right to do this, they did not have the authority from the Almighty! Now let us look at two of these cases taken from the NKJV.

Tehillim - Psalm 14: 1-7:

“The fool has said in his heart, ‘There is no God’ - (should read YHVH). They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none who does good. The LORD ( YHVH) looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek God - ( YHVH). They have all turned aside, they have together become corrupt; There is none who does good, no, not one. Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge, who eat up My people as they eat bread, and do not call on the LORD ( YHVH)? There they are in great fear, for God - ( YHVH) is with the generation of the righteous. You shame the counsel of the poor, but the LORD ( YHVH) is his refuge. Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion! When the LORD ( YHVH) brings back the captivity of His people, let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad.”

As we can see above, not only have they changed and removed the most Holy Name of the Almighty, YaHVaH Elohim, but replaced it with just His Attribute “God.” However there is more, for every time we see the words "the LORD," that is also one of their replacements of the “Memorial Name” - YHVH! Thus, not only were there three changes as shown above, but there were four more, making a total of seven alteration made in one Tehillim (Psalm) alone! Here is another Tehillim that commences with the same words as the previous one, but the word changer vary slightly by the Sopherim:

Tehillim - Psalm 53: 1-6:

“The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God - (should read YHVH). Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good. God - ( YHVH) looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God - ( YHVH). Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread: they have not called upon God - ( YHVH). There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God - ( YHVH) hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God - ( YHVH) hath despised them. Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! When God - ( YHVH) bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.”

In this Tehillim - Psalm we can see that these very same scribes, the Sopherim in verse two did not change YHVH to Adonai in Hebrew, which became “the LORD” in English, but this time they placed it as “Elohim,” or as written in English “God.” Now considering that these Words are identical of chapter 14 this proves that these men were NOT inspired by the Spirit of YHVH Elohim, but were working on their own human intellect, and they were certainly not that good either. I believe that they were the tools of Satan and because of their evil doings, they have not only misguided Israel, but also the world into the wrong direction.

Beloved it is not just the two Scriptures I have shown above, for it does go very much further than this, for the removal of the most wonderful “Memorial Name” of our Creator has meant that the entire world is praying to a false deity called “god’ and most have no idea that this may be a title but it is also a name of an evil pagan god! It is for that reason we do not use it and only use El or Elohim, etc, for that is what He is, also we use His actual :Memorial Name” according to the Scriptures, “YaHVaH”, which may also be pronounced as “YaHWaH,” blessed be His most Sanctified Name! In addition, we will not use the name of the church “Jesus.” We only use the Name that was given to Him when our beloved Messiah and Saviour was with us and that is Yahushua - , that is the blessed Name that was used by the Apostles, His family and all the Faithful in Him until this day, but it was changed by a new church that was commenced in Rome to a name, which had no Hebrew meaning whatsoever, whilst another person in the Scriptures had the same name as our Saviour, and that was Joshua, his Hebrew name is also Yahushua, yet he more or less retained his name, whilst He who was given the “Name above every name” had it changed by evil ones in this new and pagan church to what is in truth a pagan name, yet it is now simply excepted as the norm. Please read … “The Memorial Name.”

Beloved I will tell you, it is just like those days when the erroneous Sopherim changed the blessed Word of YaHVaH Elohim, and it is just the same as in the early days of the so-called Roman and eastern churches, for I regret to have to say this, but all those that have adopted their doctrines (even in part), festivals and titles as well as names of deities will have to stand in judgement in that great and terrible day, which otherwise should be one of great joy!

I pray that this article will have you seeking and that it will lead you to “Return again unto Me saith YHVH Elohim, and I will Return again unto you!” For beloved that is His call to you right at this very moment.

Messiah Yahushua gave His life freely in order that you will come back to Him, so accept Yahushua and reject everything else, dump all false teachings that the latter years have sprung on the globe, a world of commercialization and money hungry teachers and false prophets and so-called healers that are in realty led by the evil one. It is time to return to YaHVaH Elohim and His Son Yahushua who rose from the dead three days and three nights after He was placed in that tomb, just as the Word stated, and now the time is very near and I pray beloved that you are ready, for if you are not sadly you will be left behind and will have to endure the time of the “Great Tribulation,” which is also known as the “Wrath of Elohim!” But sadly for all those who will not ever return to Him their end is horrifying as the Word so clearly states, all the more reason to be standing right with Messiah today!

2 Thessalonians 1: 7-10:

“This will happen when the Lord Yahushua is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with His powerful angels. He will punish those who do not know Elohim and do not obey the Word of our Lord Yahushua. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of His power on the day He comes to be glorified in His holy people and to be marvelled at among all those who have believed. This includes you (the faithful in Him), because you believed our testimony to you.”

But beloved, we do have some very comforting word from the Scriptures to hold onto!

1 Thessalonians 4: 16-18:

“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet (shofar) of Elohim. And the dead in Messiah will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.”

“Teach me Your way, O YHVH. I will walk in Your truth.
UNITE MY HEART TO FEAR YOUR NAME!”

Tehillim – Psalms 86:11