Leviticus 11:7-8 7 and the pig, though it has a split hoof, completely divided, yet does not chew the cud, it is unclean to you. 8 Their flesh you do not eat, and their carcasses you do not touch. They are unclean to you.
The pig or swine is a very popular food item with most Christians. Yet, they are unaware that the Eternal ( יהוה) they profess to believe in had condemned the eating of swine’s flesh. The condemnation was based on some very sound biological, principles. Here are some facts on pork that prove it to be a very unhealthy food to eat.
- A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.
- The meat and fat (on those ‘nice’ strips of bacon) of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.
- When eating beef or venison, it takes 8-9 hours to digest the meat, so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.
- Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.
- Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.
- Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.
- When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animals’ flesh. In a few days, the swine flesh is full of worms.
- Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.
- Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef:
-a 3oz T-bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat.
-a 3oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat.
-a 3oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat.
-a 3oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.
- Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine’s one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.
- The swine carries about 30 diseases that can be easily passed to humans.
- The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.
- The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet to the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough.
Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig (anyone for pig’s trotters?)
There are other reasons grounded in biological facts that could be listed to show why pigs and swine should not be eaten. But a true Christian should only need one reason why not to eat this type of food and that is because the Eternal (יהוה) prohibited it. Those who say that Yeshua the Messiah abolished the law condemning pork are motivated by their stomach, not Scripture. The problems with pork are biological, and Messiah never changed the laws of biology.
From the “Covenant Messenger” (2007) – CM credits source as International News for your Health.
In the original:
The Eternal (יהוה) appears as ‘God’ in the original; Yeshua appears as ‘Jesus’; Messiah appears as ‘Christ’;
the Scriptures appears as the Bible.
Unless otherwise noted, all Scriptures are from The Scriptures,
Copyright by Institute for Scripture Research.
Used by permission.